Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sue the NYPD for flying their helicopter to close to my drone. The NYPD helicopter just about caused a wreckless endangerment scenario. The cops need to learn to give right-of-way to private peoples drones. And quit following them also... it's an invasion of privacy. If we need a helicopter to help support our drone flying we'll call for one. They need to back off.

That was fun...!!!!!!

BTW the NYPD has a co-operational Office and Counter Op's Base in Tel Aviv........

WTF......you telling me they are going to be flying drones from the 'Homeland' !?!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember no politics in thread...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW the NYPD has a co-operational Office and Counter Op's Base in Tel Aviv........

WTF......you telling me they are going to be flying drones from the 'Homeland' !?!

I was just kidding about the post above (#102). The original post (#1) is about those little private ones flying around neighbors possibly with cameras. If one hovered or circled my home I'd bring it down easily.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently you can fly a gyro copter and land it on the White House lawn undetected........ So says all the news channels.....somebody's head better role for that stunt.....only the best of the best of the best of the best to protect the big boss haha yeah they put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.......,

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how many of you have found drones hovering over your property near your house? I bet the answer is none. Living in constant fear of things that are very unlikely to happen is a rabbit hole from which there is no escape.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
So how many of you have found drones hovering over your property near your house? I bet the answer is none. Living in constant fear of things that are very unlikely to happen is a rabbit hole from which there is no escape.

My Boxer dog's SUPER senses when inside my house has senses them. Her head scans the ceiling a full 180 degrees from three directions, back and forth.

Survaillence now-a-days is so covert. I still want to know if I can shoot one down once I get the 20 gauge within it's sights. These are slippery birds.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If I replied honestly to this I would be in violation of tnet rules...

Oh heck with it, here comes the "light" response...Unfounded fears...sounds like the reason people lay down and cower to Uncle Sam and the unrelenting loss of liber.. and freed..

Sent from a empty soda can!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never had a flood, but I have flood insurance, also have hurricane insurance and been hit several times. I buy insurance to be prepared, not out of fear...

I have a friend who had a drone over his house as well over his fenced in yard and near windows of his house. He told police if it returns he will shoot it down....

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High powered paint ball gun...
Aim for the lens and for blades/rotors.

Stray bullet/gun problems solved.
Make sure when it crashes... it crashes on your property.

BTW... MOST cheaper drones do not "transmit" any info or signal...
They capture...With Go PRo etc...
SO... if you get drone... you get camera... and data.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much what I said when this post was in its infancy. I heard a helicopter fly over my house twice about 15 months ago. Although I do live just inside the " Class D Airspace" of an airfield an orbiting helicopter is uncommon. I got my spotting scope, identified it as the Sheriffs helo. About 8 houses north of my house I saw a "white bread van" show up........ Ah yes have a seat behind the trees and watch the fun. The "Ninjas " jumped out of the van, then patrol cars showed up, the helicopter still orbiting overhead about 300 feet........ Warrant served..... We have family on the inside of the Sheriffs office. Seems these idiots were sent mailed 20 pounds of Mary J from Jamaica...... So the cops just waited until it was delivered then arrested the recipients. Talk about stupid....... But that helo was way early......if they heard it and paid attention they could have departed the fix quickly. But stupid criminals. I was told you could smell the drugs thru the package...... How funny...... Oh yeah that house is still for rent

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a drone, paint a pirate or rebel flag on it...
Drone wars!!
Of course make sure your is a little bigger..a little faster.
I just thought of a new TV show!.
The drone that saw to much....
Not above my house!
The droner chronicles...:laughing7::laughing7:

If Minelab made drones they would cost four billion dollars each .

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If mine lab made drones that would cost four billion dollars each .

Still having price tag envy? Lol nah they'd only be two billion...but I'd have the newest model! Lol

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Still having price tag envy? Lol nah they'd only be two billion...but I'd have the newest model! Lol

........ and you guys would buy them .

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Just because you are paranoid does not necearily mean they are not folowing you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Minelab made drones they would cost four billion dollars each .
Thread is not about Minelab, take it somewhere else, no one wants to hear it here...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This whole conversation is so simple... If a drone was hovering close to my home and hung around long enough for me to get a rifle, aim and fire then it's been here to long.... PERIOD. Again, I'd make "others" deal with me... not me with them. If I fire "them" is gone and then it's all about me. So be it..... Brad

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole conversation is so simple... If a drone was hovering close to my home and hung around long enough for me to get a rifle, aim and fire then it's been here to long.... PERIOD. Again, I'd make "others" deal with me... not me with them. If I fire "them" is gone and then it's all about me. So be it..... Brad

Well your just a rebel!!:laughing7:
Paintball gun works great! Full auto not needed.......Three shot burst will bring it down somewhat undamaged. Neighbor boy was using a drone to "check out" my daughter sunbathing...won't happen a gain!!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread