UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its so odd when a simple observation of reality evokes such hate and anger filled responses...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
well I don't know what that is. So it is a better bet that congress thinks it may be an anchor..... That makes the answer yes! You are not allowed to have one cause someone said it may sear the ground behind it. ( no one is sure how far or if it could really happen, but the important thing is that some busy work got done with zero intelligence!)

EGADS DAVE,

That's tyranny in a box. It's what's recording your phone calls and pinpointing you at any given time, day or night.

It's the government watching YOU!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Its so odd when a simple observation of reality evokes such hate and anger filled responses...

I think it is a situation where we have reached the breaking point of loosing freedom and being spied upon. The straw that broke the camels back so to speak. The older population is growing, a group that has enjoyed freedom. I don't know how much it takes to start a Tea Party in Boston, and I hope I never find out. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
EGADS DAVE,

That's tyranny in a box. It's what's recording your phone calls and pinpointing you at any given time, day or night.

Look at Germany. Under Hitler, the people were spied upon in a way probably equal to NSAs spying upon us. That is why we are getting so much resentment about our spying on them. It's almost at the breaking point in our relations. It's a quest for power in the highest places. Just my point of view. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

It's so odd that some folks cannot make observations without using baiting tactics that evoke honest answers without feeling they've been offended.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at Germany. Under Hitler, the people were spied upon in a way probably equal to NSAs spying upon us. That is why we are getting so much resentment about our spying on them. It's almost at the breaking point in our relations. It's a quest for power in the highest places. Just my point of view. Frank...-
View attachment 1019701
Its called Tyranny.....

tyr·an·ny
ˈtirənē/Submit

noun

cruel and oppressive government or rule.

"people who survive war and escape tyranny"

synonyms:despotism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, Fascism

a nation under cruel and oppressive government.
cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control.

ymezyte9.jpg

e5ybu8uz.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Are you actually saying that if it is going faster than that it isn' t falling, but still reacting to force? You just can't teach that to some people.

What I said is that all things fall at the same max rate of 24' per second/per second. Naturally, air resistance will slow the drop of blunt objects. Newton dropped 2 balls of different weight material of the same size from a tall tower and they both hit the ground at the same time. You could use for example a lead ball and an aluminum ball. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EGADS DAVE,

So Then, That's not a good thing? I am going to have to post a picture of that by my TV. Thanks Gib!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

U.M.... If this comment includes myself I have no hate or anger what-so-ever. I meant every word I said and NO hate or anger was meant. But what is your "simple observation of reality?" What does that mean? And if the reality means something about what the "law says" then I'll give new meaning to reality then. Because I'll continue to speed while on a trip, jay walk and shoot down drones and not miss a minute of sleep over it.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 'Sting Ray II' can be googled and provides some great info!
Frankn, in high school, every year or so the Ford 'engineers' would go on stage and show us some interesting experiments. One was a feather and a steel ball inside a large glass tube. When turned upside down, the ball, of course fell to the bottom first, then the feather would slowly float down to the bottom. But then the air was sucked out of the tube and both the ball and feather reached the bottom at about the same time. Yes, the air, and wind also, is a factor in the speed that an object falls.
As for the drones, I can see them becoming an everyday occurrence everywhere in the world if we allow them to continue. If an all-out effort is put forth to stop them now, they may be a thing of the past quickly. I see advantages of them; but just as many, maybe more disadvantages. If used properly, they could help in a lot of ways; but nothing that I have ever seen has always been used 'properly'. That's what's wrong with the world today!!!!
As for bringing a drone down over my house, I'm going to have to do a little research on what weapons are legal inside the city limits where I live. I know that all rifles, including bb guns are illegal for discharge in the city limits. If I don't have anything that I can legally use, then I'll just use whatever I think will do the job most efficiently! I'm not sure of 'wrist rockets'/sling shots. I do know there are no laws concerning bows and arrows! Also, I need to do a little research/experimenting with a little 50# crossbow pistol that I have. I've had it for several years and have never used it. Next time I go out plinkin', I'll try to think and take it with me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If thread was in politics forum I would say something different but since can't.... let's just say FAA airspace starts at 400 feet When flights over a citizens home becomes low enough to easily see drone it becomes invasion of privacy, especially when it involves cameras...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd sue the NYPD for flying their helicopter to close to my drone. The NYPD helicopter just about caused a wreckless endangerment scenario. The cops need to learn to give right-of-way to private peoples drones. And quit following them also... it's an invasion of privacy. If we need a helicopter to help support our drone flying we'll call for one. They need to back off.

That was fun...!!!!!!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old timer Story i remember way back, whether true or not, it has some significance towards the OP.

It was about a guy who was running around his city "Buying Airspace for $1", forming a deed and then asking the owner to sell that deed to him as a gag novelty.

He then collected ungodly amounts of deeds and then went onto other cities, and then throughout the state using Mail Order catalogs.....offering to buy anyone's airspace if they would sell a useless right to them, that was legally a part of the 'boundaries' of the property.

His ploy was to gain the "title" to everyone's airspace above their homes.

The trick was that the way a property was originally "staked off", was that each corner went all the way to the center of the earth, as would be for Mining Rights as well, or permitted digs like a pool or other goods to be dug and installed on your property.

The other part of the property owner's rights back then apparently was delineated in these original property codes, and it clearly said that the corners also extended 'infinitely' into space.......governing Above, as it is Below.

The Deed he drafted and bought from each property owner, was scripted to include the airspace "from 100 feet above the building, and above".

Since there was nothing but a few major airlines back then, he was then able to approach these companies with a demand that they cease traveling over and through his new "property", which at that time he was already able to cover a patchwork of lots making it very hard for them to avoid, and he had thousands of deeds with him, and back then a signature was gold.

He ended up "selling" these deeds to a particular company, for millions.......until the Fed opened up the airways through mandates, similar to "eminent domain" statutes.

Strangely though they still are respecting the airspace of property and homes in airport and FAA related situations, and in the same way that people have the right to ask the Airport to pay for their relocation if endangered, or a noise is close by that is intolerable, the people have the right to ask the govt to stop flying their drones over their homes as the sovereign owners of that Airspace above.

I think the right lawyer can solve this issue through providing a foundation of property rights, sue the state for a mandated stop order on drone flights, and allow the constitution to remain as the foundation of our laws, with the Bill of Rights there to protect the Civil Liberties of the Citizens.

Its so funny to have heard this and remembered it as I was thinking about airspace rights.....it is so fitting of a record of the people's original beliefs that are still being defended today. They never stop do trying to make you 'Give Up' do they?

Anyone ever heard of this story

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I said is that all things fall at the same max rate of 24' per second/per second. Naturally, air resistance will slow the drop of blunt objects. Newton dropped 2 balls of different weight material of the same size from a tall tower and they both hit the ground at the same time. You could use for example a lead ball and an aluminum ball. Frank...-
View attachment 1019714

My high school science project was to demonstrate and calculate this exact figure.........g = 9.81 m/s² (meters per second squared; which might be thought of as "meters per second, per second", or 32 ft/s² as "feet per second per second")

it is 9.8 meters or 32.14 feet in the first second, and then multiplied with the square of every second thereafter.......

the factor of acceleration brings the distance covered in the 2nd second to a calculation of : 9.8m x 4 = 128.57 feet

plus the first second = 160.71 feet............in two seconds.............

this continues by a factor at the same rate of acceleration whether it is a human, or a ball.......the drag force acting on the object, resultant of the substance (e.g., air or water) it is passing through, increases. At some speed, the drag or force of resistance will equal the gravitational pull on the object (buoyancy). At this point the object ceases to accelerate and continues falling at a constant speed called terminal velocity (also called settling velocity)

but what is affected during free fall is the final Terminal Velocity that an object achieves with variables of mass and volume/displacement of its shape........

for humans it is around 130 mph.....

OH I almost forgot about the OP

Here is my favorite drone that I have seen out there......Iran gave it to the US as a present to show off their ability to hack and land their drones.....LOL

"We decided to show that we can deal with this issue in a very friendly and peaceful manner and put it in the playful hands of the children of Iran to pursue a 'soft war' with Mr. Obama and the US. This was the aim of producing this aircraft," Hassan-pour concluded.

View attachment 1021013

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of places have already crafted oridances concerning the use of drones. In many places, they are not permitted over residential areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread