Cannot Cure Stupid

S

stefen

How many times has each of us been asked for an opinion or advice only to find that the person who asked for the advice did completely the opposite...Is that is accecpable...?

Maybe once!

Then how many times has each one of us been asked repeatedly for advice only to find that the person who sought the advice consistanty did the opposite...and failed each time...

Or when asked for investment advice...was forwarned that the money was at risk...went ahead and made the investment only to garner another loss...

Who was to blame?

No. 1 I firmly beleive that each one of us are our own worst enemy...

No. 2 And there is no cure for stupidity...

What is the lesson learned?

Any stories?

Lets hear them.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I agree with both points. On investment advise the person being advised usually does not have the discipline to stick with a long
term plan that involves the sacrifice of putting aside a healthy portion of pay. You can tell them how but they have to want it real
bad to follow through.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about people who ask your advice on this forum and never respond when you give it!

Jonnie

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
We are both our worst enemy and our own best friend. The problem is the choice! When we rely on others input , we must learn to filter it through what we already know. This is the big problem for most of us. Some of us have never been taught how to think. My catch phrase in my info pack is "I think, therefor I am".
Think about it. Frank.

OP
OP
S

stefen

baywalker said:
How about people who ask your advice on this forum and never respond when you give it!

Jonnie

You jest.. gotta be kidding...that never happens on TN

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
baywalker said:

Jonnie

nope

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure theres a cure for stupid, its death. One thing stupid people arent immune to is Darwins theory.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever see that movie I think it was called the Darwin theory?

Jonnie

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefen,

Talk about irony!! We were JUST talking about the same thing last night.

Sometimes I think people want an opinion JUST to do the opposite. :icon_scratch: :help:

I have been guilty of not answering, however - not on purpose. I try to respond, but, sometimes, life gets in the way of my personal enjoyments (like Tnet).

About investments - we have a friend who knows everything there is to know about investing. I mean - really - he has read everything there is to read and followed the markets for years and years and years. His plan was to take his retirement money and become a millionaire.

So, after he retired (where we worked, if your age plus your years of service equal 59-1/2, you can retire fully funded), he took a almost half a million dollars of retirement and turned it into................................................broke.

I've always kind of figured that, if brokers were so smart about finance - they wouldn't have to be working a job. :dontknow:

Beth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
brokers are called that for a reason , folks --they take your money and "invest it" for you and often you wind up "broker" than before they touched it in the first place , when your thru dealing with them. --because no matter what they get their "commissions"

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really get peeved at those who ask a question and want to argue if the answer isn't what they wanted it to be. Monty

dnuggett

Greenie
Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some want an opinion to validate their thinking. When they don't hear their own thoughts in someone else's voice they ignore it and do what they thought they should in the first place. All it is is seeking validation, they already know what they are going to do.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some folks for some god knows why reason seem to "need' other folks to go "yep yer right - go ahead and do ----whatever--" -- others like myself need no one to tell them such things -- I know right from wrong , and I do what the hell I think is right and screw what others think --cuz I gotta live with me 24 / 7 /365 --so I'm going to do what i think is right --that way i can look at myself in the mirror and go you did what you thought was right and by god thats got to be "good enough" for the rest of the world or too bad for them.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
stefen said:
baywalker said:

Jonnie

nope

Yea never!!!I always feel like I am talking to myself....sometimes my info is even GOOD!

Like Custer did...reverse Barometer....didnt work to good for him either!!!
What cracks me up is when the person is dumb enough to come back and tell you you they did the opposite and failed!!!DUH!

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
I am asked quite often about how to cure a particular building problem---been a builder and designer and owner of a lumber yard for 50 years. The answer I give is quite often followed by " are you sure my neighbor says--------------------" I just turn and leave-------lol The only person in the world that knows it all is your neighbor---believe me it is true. lol lol

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I take stupid pills just to get me down into the average percentile. But they dont make smart pills...too bad I guess. Oh well.....

OP
OP
S

stefen

Red James cash said:
Sure theres a cure for stupid, its death. One thing stupid people arent immune to is Darwins theory.

But they bred and pass the stupid genes on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread