Cannot Cure Stupid

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
Sure theirs a cure for stupid, its death. One thing stupid people aren't immune to is Darwin's theory.
...give me a break "Darwin's theory" what we have here is a non Cristian any buddy who believes in Darin ,believes in the tooth fairy. I hope this is not in a proper-ate . or did I just in salt all you non believers. If I did insult any one yous yous should practice forgiveness....Remember... if God did not want you to find it,"Our Maker" would of never put a hallow around the it...liftloop................................................

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi liftloop; I'm not going to argue with you about your Faith. I do not believe that this is the appropriate place to do so. Also, "yes" I am Christian. I did not realize that anyone could not figure out that this particular thread is and has been from word one completely preposterous and meant purely in jest and has been taken that way by every one here. I do not believe that this is a cause for accusing anyone here of not being a Christian or any other Faith. I also do not believe this is the appropriate place to redebate the "Scopes Trial" all over again. This is NOT a Religious Forum ok. Thank you in Christ's Name. PEACE:RONB

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from the "religious vs. non-religious" annotations - I believe that it is quite possible for both to co-exist, quite comfortably.

Let's face it - in the animal kingdom (right now NOT including us) - evolution has been quite successful - even in my lifetime. Such as, whitetail deer, who
are now, no longer "flagging" like they did when I was younger, I am assuming it is because the ones that "flag" get killed more often than the ones that
tuck their tails down and run like heck.

Why is it not possible for a SMART God to figure out that, instead of following everyone made on earth, to put in a system of "those that don't adapt go away". It's brilliant - and simple - and effective. God figured out during the time of Adam and Eve that, it just didn't work to have everything available - in order to survive, you must adapt. And, so we do.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes several generations - death doesn't stop stupidity - if it did, it would have been eradicated a long time ago. Nope, the "stupid" gene keeps going - but, serves a purpose, I think - probably more than one. If you see someone stick their hands in a chainsaw - you say "stupid person" - and a lesson is learned "hey, don't do that". (I hope ;D), and also serves to do a better job at some things, like the stupid thief who tried to run out the locked door - the next thief will make note to self "make sure I know the layout before I rob them" which = smarter thief.

Stupid is as stupid does - it all serves a purpose.

Like the old joke "if it hurts when I you do that - don't do it". Fortunately - or unfortunately - we find a lot of comedy in stupidity - JackAss, Dumb Thieves, and a whole bunch of those types of television programs have HUGE followings - for more than one reason - they're funny, of course, but, it also makes others feel SO much smarter.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Beth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dumb and otherwize helpless animals that are often the prey of bigger , faster, larger and meaner animals do have a way to survive , much like stupid folks - it called "breed like crazy" --simply put -- its a "numbers" game sure stupid folks do dumb things that will generally speaking over time kill them off but if they start breeding at a very young age and do it often enough -- they can make lots of replacements before they wind up killing themselves -- and so the stupid "gene" carrys on -- also the ugly gene carrys on because well theres alcohol and its closing time -- (and sex even with a ugly person is better than no sex at all) note the ugly gene and stupid gene are often co mingled. -- sadly you wind up with ---butt ugly and dumb as a rock.

if one looks at the data --it proves the poorer you are , the younger you tend to have kids and to have more of them than traditional type households and mostly "out of wedlock" to wind up being raised by a "single provider person' be it mom , or grandmom , or dad in some cases --seldom is it the standard "two parrent' type tradtional household -- being raised this way seriously impacts a kids life in very negative ways -- more prone to use drugs , drop out of school , get pregnant (or make a gal pregnant) and have a overall lower social status overall.

maybe you can't "cure' stupid folks -- but much like stray animals they can be "fixed' to prevent overbreeding by folks who can not properly support their children -- it is the parents of kids duty to provide properly for their children they make -- I say ---if you breed , you take care and feed em.

-- oddly out of misplaced "pity" folks send food and money all over the world to places where the people refuse to stop "overbreeding" -- sending food to help keep this chain reaction going on is like pouring gas on a forest fire (the more that survive due to the food , money sent the more that will breed in the future , so theres now even more "mouths' to feed numbers wize in the future --

they refuse to move out of the barren no food areas they live in and refuse to stop breeding so that the population will match the carrying ability of the land --

in nature when a batch of animals "overbreed' and wear out their food supply , nature "balances" things by causing the herd to die off to numbers that can be "properly sustained" or the herd has to move on to a place were there is food --if they stay put as the herd thins out --only the stronger and smarter animals will survive as the herd competes for food -- thus in the future the small herd is stronger genetical speaking because the weak and dumb are weeded out by natural selection

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Beth; In that case "Stupid" as an Entity "may" have a use or "may" even be productive in that according to your analogy Stupid could produce the following:

Smarter Thieves.

Smarter Power Tool Users

Better locks on doors.

AND last but not least :

Faster Deer. !!!!!!

ENJOY !!!! :tongue3: :laughing9:

HI Ivan Salis; OR you could end up with a :

Ugly Rock

Dumb Butt

Butt Ugly Dumb Rock

OR last but not least a :

Butt Ugly Dumb Rock looking fo a place to breed and/or eat. !!!!!!!!

Yes folks it took some inteligence to figure this one all out. !!!

Enjoy. !!!
PEACE:RONB :tongue3: ;D :laughing9:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan,

I was reading somewhere that, if we stopped shipping "free" food to all the places where we do "humanitarian" work, it could feed our folks 3-4 times BETTER, than even the most expensive food program can or has. Some studies have made that ratio much higher - as much as 20 times better. (cannot remember when the studies were done).

I completely understand the medical help - and I completely understand the disaster help - but, of course, we don't stop at that - we make it a way of life for some countries, and, worse yet, we give to countries who not only hate us, but the help goes into government coffers rather than to the people the goods are meant to help. Of course, many "myth-busters" try to say that our foreign aid is minimal - and, it is only about 2% - but that is only because they count it differently than they used to - they used to count everything - food, money, weapons, equipment, seed and technology. Now, they just count food and money,
which is, of course - just more government "number-runners" talk for "we don't want to tell you where it all goes". In fact, technically, something like 1.2% is "foreign" - but, there is almost 7% of "other" spending - which is not spending in our own country - or our food, or medicare, medicaid, defense, transportation and any of that stuff. By doing it that way - they can say we "ONLY" give about 13 BILLION dollars - when in reality, it is 6 times that.

When did we forget the old adage of "teach a man to fish"????? And what could WE do here, with an "extra" 78 billion dollars????? And, frankly, I do NOT understand why we have so many troops in 179 countries. Are we afraid that Germany or Japan are going to attack us? I understand having some troops at foreign bases - strategically - but, geesh.

Barker,

:thumbsup:

In all seriousness though - we actually need the different intelligence factors. We just can't all be chiefs, there has to be Indians. And, as with any company, hopefully, there are more Indians than chiefs. And, in many cases, there are compensating factors - while someone might not be mathematically smart, they have a good eye for construction, or whatever. There are redeeming qualities in everyone, imo. Sometimes, though, people don't always have the "get up and go" to use those natural skills.

Personally, I think parents have a big roll to play - I know its natural to want your kids to have more than you did, but, I think, sometimes, we make a big mistake, and a disservice to our kids when we give them everything they could want. My generation is done - but my children's children, need to learn that money comes from working, not from mom and dad's pockets, just like I taught my kids. I see SO many parents just handing out money to their kids now, it scares me a little.

Beth

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have I told you how much I appreciate your insight lately Beth? Good to see you!

Thanks,
Dave

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Beth; I believe that what you are talking about is right in that it is just plain dumb in a lot of ways. Thing here is that as with my message with liftloop saying that this is not a Religious Forum or that I wish to debate the Topic of Faith whether I agree with him or not I feel, with all due respect, that this is not a Political or Views Forum either hence it is not a Topic I myself wish to discuss although I do agree with many of your points ok. I can't ask him not to talk about Faith and still not ask you to please not talk about politics on this thread either. That would be hypocritical and yep dumb. :wink: That this thread was and is meant purely in jest. Thus I hope you can understand my point here on this one ok. I do appreciate it. You see, I've been entangled in Views type Forums before where if I did not agree with a certain person or View then I literally was trashed, attacked and berated. I have ZERO desire to EVER leet that happen again ok. That is why I bring up those points ok. Again, I appreciate your understanding on these matters. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

Now for a "stupid" question : Can someone tell me what the heck "IMO" stands for??? I await your replies. MAYBE ;D ;D

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Beth; Thanks for that. Now I'm not stupid anymore. !!! :tongue3: All I need now is t learn how to fish. !!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :icon_thumright: PEACE:RONB

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first book I ever wrote was titled "The Age of Stupidity" and still sells. Stupidity is timeless.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if we all could get what we want without hurting anybody or anything we would all be smart.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes all kinds to make a world. I read this somewhere true story. A truck was a little too tall for the over pass, long line of traffic slowly moving past, a little girl yells out the window "let some air out of the tires". It worked truck got thru all was well. Some times we need to look at things from a different perspective to get the answer.

want2skydive

Jan 12, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well advice is just that ...advice. It's an idea. And just because someone doesn't follow yours doesn't make them stupid they just might need someone to point them in the right direction but have a different idea on what way is best to make the trip. You may ask me what to do for fun and I will tell you to jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet, but that may not be good advice for you. That doesn't make the advice wrong or would I consider you stupid.

How many times has each of us been asked for an opinion or advice only to find that the person who asked for the advice did completely the opposite...Is that is accecpable...?

Maybe once!

Then how many times has each one of us been asked repeatedly for advice only to find that the person who sought the advice consistanty did the opposite...and failed each time...

Or when asked for investment advice...was forwarned that the money was at risk...went ahead and made the investment only to garner another loss...

Who was to blame?

No. 1 I firmly beleive that each one of us are our own worst enemy...

No. 2 And there is no cure for stupidity...

What is the lesson learned?

Any stories?

Lets hear them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions