All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
stupid folks are like rabbits -- since rabbits are fair game for just about every meat eating preditor --they got only one sure fire method to be sure they do not go extinct -- breed like crazy

dumb folks seem to be "overly fertile" -- sure darwin's theory -- basically that being stupid will get you killed sooner or later catches up with a lot of em --but its a numbers game so as long as a fair bit of em live long enough to breed --the stupid gene goes on .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am amazed at the posts for the people that ask what is the best detector out there for coins. Seems nobody does any of their own research of the manufacturers products and can choose for themselves. All of us have our likes and dislikes about everything from cars to women. They have chosen the one they like and are looking for validation or their choice. "See ma, I did goood." :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I am amazed at the posts for the people that ask what is the best detector out there for coins. Seems nobody does any of their own research of the manufacturers products and can choose for themselves. All of us have our likes and dislikes about everything from cars to women. They have chosen the one they like and are looking for validation or their choice. "See ma, I did goood.

Theres stupid people, and then theres the lazy stupid people who are a little worse.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, but you don't understand - if you give your advice, and they take it, and they don't like it, then they can blame someone besides themselves. :cussing:

Beth

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Don't give advice to any brother-in-law! :BangHead: :BangHead: I tried and man is he STUPID!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
with some folks its best to tell the the exact oppisite of what you really think they should do because that is exactly what they will do . -- the oppisite of what you tell em to do.

as obie wan says with a wave of his hand --"these aren't the droids your looking for" --(" the force can have a strong influence on the weak minded" ) - it's a old jedi mind trick * :wink:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty amazed that so many people here are talking about "other stupid people". If you haven't heard of it or read it yet, check out the whitepaper "Unskilled and unaware of it". They've done research that concludes that most people in the lowest 25% of the population rank themselves above average. They lack the cognitive skills needed to recognize that they are unskilled (stupid). If they had the cognitive ability to recognize their stupidity, then it follows that they'd be smart enough to fix the problem. But alas, they do not so they go through life blissfully unaware that their problems are their own. They blame their "mean boss" for firing them despite their belief that they are doing a good job. They blame their "mean teacher" for giving them bad grades. They also lack the ability to tell if someone else is unskilled so they promote those that don't deserve to be. And on and on. I see it all the time. Until reading this paper I never really realilzed just how many people I meet that fit into this category. But this paper explains a lot about human nature.

The opposite though has also been found. The people in the upper 5% are more likely to rank themselves much lower than they really are. Their constant desire to improve themselves makes them more successful.

Now why am I going into all of this? Because the research shows that many of you who are pointing fingers may be too stupid to realize that you are indeed part of this problem group. ::) Think about it...

Me? I KNOW I'm stupid. I wonder if they have a whitepaper called "Unskilled and well aware of it"? :wink:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
NOPE not me bud! I know when I do stupid things. It is so very easy to know this because my pain level is usually quite high, I'm loosing copious amounts of blood, it costs me enormous amounts of money and so on. So I'm not part of this problem cause I can recognize! :thumbsup:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
I'm pretty amazed that so many people here are talking about "other stupid people". If you haven't heard of it or read it yet, check out the whitepaper "Unskilled and unaware of it". They've done research that concludes that most people in the lowest 25% of the population rank themselves above average. They lack the cognitive skills needed to recognize that they are unskilled (stupid). If they had the cognitive ability to recognize their stupidity, then it follows that they'd be smart enough to fix the problem. But alas, they do not so they go through life blissfully unaware that their problems are their own. They blame their "mean boss" for firing them despite their belief that they are doing a good job. They blame their "mean teacher" for giving them bad grades. They also lack the ability to tell if someone else is unskilled so they promote those that don't deserve to be. And on and on. I see it all the time. Until reading this paper I never really realilzed just how many people I meet that fit into this category. But this paper explains a lot about human nature.

The opposite though has also been found. The people in the upper 5% are more likely to rank themselves much lower than they really are. Their constant desire to improve themselves makes them more successful.

Now why am I going into all of this? Because the research shows that many of you who are pointing fingers may be too stupid to realize that you are indeed part of this problem group. ::) Think about it...

Me? I KNOW I'm stupid. I wonder if they have a whitepaper called "Unskilled and well aware of it"? :wink:

MTS, this is almost prescient! As an employer I have seen it over and over! It IS the Occupy movement! Well stated sir. I need to look into this study.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
From 1984 to 1993, I counseled divorced fathers for free. I did tremendous amounts of legal research so I could give valid advice on what men should expect in the process, and what to do and not to do.

Often, I would spend several hours, explaining the important things to do, and of equal importance, the things not to do. And, yes, I was sure.

A few weeks would pass, and the idiot (sorry, but that's how I felt about it) would call me back, all distraught. He did nothing I told him to do, and everything I told him not to do. Turns out his buddies at the bar (going to bars during a divorce case is on the list of things not to do) told him I was all wet, and to pay no attention to me. And, he was in serious trouble.

I would try to steer him on the right path again, and the same thing would happen.

In the end, he would totally lose his case, and only by pure luck didn't end up in jail. Then, he'd call me back to see if there were something he could do to fix things. Um, no, too late.

So, then he'd run around telling everyone I really didn't do him much good.

Jan 27, 2012
Potsdam, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
stupid folks are like rabbits -- since rabbits are fair game for just about every meat eating preditor --they got only one sure fire method to be sure they do not go extinct -- breed like crazy

dumb folks seem to be "overly fertile" -- sure darwin's theory -- basically that being stupid will get you killed sooner or later catches up with a lot of em --but its a numbers game so as long as a fair bit of em live long enough to breed --the stupid gene goes on .

Have you been watching Idiocracy? You basically just summarized the opening of the movie. :laughing9:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Stefan; You "can" fix Stupid. You can not fix Dumb. To me, Stupid is Accidental. Dumb is Intentional. Think about it. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Folks; I had a guy I went detecting with for 3 years. I taught him "everything" I know about detecting and yet every time the guys here, We group together, there's 7 of us, went out detecting he would almost "NEVER" find anything. I literally walked directly beside him pointing things out to him yet he would continue not finding anything. Finally after 3 years of this he buys a Whites V3i. That "is" a top of the line detector for sure. Yep, You guessed it. He still found very little. :tongue3:
After walking him around a bit I had some of the other guys do the same thing with him. :icon_scratch: The Verdicts came back. It turns out that he would "INTENTIONALLY" not dig even good signals. :BangHead: Then after a bit with a third member of our group this clown turns around in front of all of us and says, " why don't you guys leave me alone. Your always telling me what to do and stuff. I just want to detect in peace ok. :angry4: Well the guys all agreed. He no longer comes with us. I talked him 5 months ago just to check in. He sold his detector.!!! :tard: If that ain't dumb I don't know what is. Anyway, I'll never dig with him again.
Enjoy. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
S

stefen

Barker,

Your story kinda reminds me of the old Indian woodcutter that came into town one day and saw a sign in the Hardware Store window promoting a new chainsaw.

It guaranteed to cut 16 cords of wood per day or your money back...

Well, the old Indian woodcutter bought one and cut 8 cords the first day, 10 cords the second day and cut a maximum of 12 cords thereafter.

Frustrated he returned the chainsaw claiming that it was defective.

The salesman sat the saw on the ground and pulled the starter cord and it roared to life.

Startled, the Old Indian woodcutter jumped back and exclaimed..."What's that noise?" :laughing7:

Maybe your friend needed a demonstration on how to flip the ON switch.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you can lead a idiot to intelligence , but you can't make them "think" --ala --you can lead a horse to water , but you can not make em drink.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
We are both our worst enemy and our own best friend. The problem is the choice! When we rely on others input , we must learn to filter it through what we already know. This is the big problem for most of us. Some of us have never been taught how to think. My catch phrase in my info pack is "I think, therefor I am".
Think about it. Frank.

Ummmmm.....

Al

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Stephan; This guy has no "ON" switch for sure. !!! :tongue3:

On killing dumb people. My luck I'd only irritate them. !!!!! They're to d ealize they are dead. !!!!! :tard:

PEACE:RONB :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread