Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't wait till tomorrow morning.

A girl came in to where I work last night, she remembered me from coming into the banks she works at. She's a teller at a BOA, and she said "your the guy who asks for halves right?" So I said yep, and she told me some old guy just dropped over $100 in halves, and a bunch of dimes and quarters the day before, and that she would have them tuesday morning if I wanted to come get them. I asked her if the rolls were marked and she said no. I also asked if he regularly drops coin off, and she said she's never seen him drop coin off before. She thinks he cashed in all of the coins he's had sittin in his house over the years, I'm hopping that she's right. So first thing tomorrow I'm off to pick them up, and then go metal detecting. And maybe I'll stop at a few more banks while I'm out.
I'll post the finds tomorrow. Happy hunting all! And Happy Memorial Day!!

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Re: can't wait till tomorrow morning.

good luck!!! i hope its all solid 90% silver!!!!! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope so too Chomp, we'll know soon. I will find some silver tomorrow

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

timbobwey said:
I hope so too Chomp, we'll know soon. I will find some silver tomorrow

haha, sometimes during a huge skunk streak i say that to myself "i will find a silver today, even if it's the last thing i do!"...it usually works too, and the silver gods pay out...hope this works for you too! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Timbobwey,
Best of luck. I'm rooting for you.
rileyboy
Rich, R.I.P

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love to hear stories like this... keeping the fingers crossed for you!

Chukers

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck to you! Hope they are all nice shiny BU silvers(with a few barbers mixed in as well) :headbang:

HH
BuffaloBoy

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well, I went on Tuesday and she wasn't there. The other tellers told me they had no halves. I stopped back in today and she still had the $100 in halves. Unfortunately, they were someone's dumps. She didn't see the initials on them when they came in, they were written very small. And they were a familiar mark that I know is someone's roll hunting initials, I've gone through many pf this persons dumps before.

On a good note, I stopped at 1 other bank today. Got $180 in halves. I got down to the last 3 rolls. I opened a roll that had a 40% ender. I was thinking full roll, so I opened the other end. I saw another 40%er. I set that roll to the side because I knew there was silver. I opened the other 2 rolls hoping they would have silver staring me in the face. Well, neither of them had an ender, but one of them did have a 40% in it. I came back to the double ender roll, and dumped it in my hand. And to my surprise................... The 2 enders were the only 2 silvers in the whole roll. First time that has ever happened to me. I thought for sure it was a solid 40% roll. At least I got 3 more to the pile though, and I didn't have to search much to get them, and it will be a small dump. I just can't believe that, it almost seems like someone did it just to mess with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread