Cant wait till?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Good move....I bet the stock coil just sits around and collects dust now that you got the other two. The large coil is still sensitive to tiny targets, pinpoints well and gets better depth then the stock coil. The sniper is a killer at play equipment, trash areas and in the woods too.

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
good summary of these two capabilities, John!

I can only add my two saying that stock coil is quite able to find small objects as big ones at an amazing depth, while pinpointing with 9x 12 in trashy areas could not be so easy. My ACE and stock coil were able to find a 12" large but thin bronze object at 18" and signal was clear as loud.
Pinpointing remains a mystery to me ???...I've tried detuning but I'm not sure of what it means (may be because of my english...it doesn't work with complicated concepts...). In trashy area I have some problem with it, but this only mean to dig a bit larger hole to me. In junk-free area have non problems at all..

ACE rules!

M.

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Good to hear, your finding deep targets.

Detunning is this, if you locate a target in the ground, while using the pin point button, The pattern around the target that your coil sees is fairly large, so as your coil is moving away, or up from the target, let off the pin point button, and then fast smash it again and hold it down, and suddenly your target has shrunk. From Brick sized objects, it seems, to a coil sized object. This is with the original coil, 6.5"X9"

This is how I understand it. Hope it helps. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread