Cape Canaveral lease areas

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of July 2011 Heartland Treasure Quest has an exploration permit from about Palm Bay up to Ramp Road, Cocoa Beach

The Next one isn't until just north of Nassau Sound.

The "Fisher leases" are now the "1715 Fleet - Queens Jewels, LLC", Brisben leases from about south Palm Bay down to almost St. Lucie inlet.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Back in the 60s and 70s there were a few wrecks worked, some right on shore. Lots of sand, and I know cobs were found and many were very worn, I dont know if a lot were found. I dont remember hearing anything about big finds. I am sure there are some wrecks out there. But with NASA and the military, it is all off limits to that.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a bunch of wrecks along the Cape, but, you can't touch em. Was at Klondike Beach yesterday and got buzzed... no pun intended.

Attachments

• CANA3_3_13 013.jpg
    CANA3_3_13 013.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some of Randy Lathrop's story. Got Brandon's report on their work there too. Its in "West Of The Bull". Hope to have it off the press by summer. Only a few more chapters to write, then formatting and indexing. Lots of aerials and maps so I have not made up my mind about page size yet. Probably will stick with 6 X 9 inch.

Randy gave me a photo of the choppers buzzing him and Brandon back in 1990.

I would not be surprised to find out that there are sensors planted out there these days. The beach north of Camera Pad AZ10 has really eroded quite a bit in the last 35 years. The usual suspect iron flakes from the old barge were laying on top of the sand. There must be tons of them on the beach now and I was finding them almost two miles south of the barge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread