Caution: live wire!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an estate sale today and everything in the house was pretty picked over by the time got there. But I saw this on the wall and I had to have it. Now the lady told me if I could get off of the wall I can have it for five bucks. So I get a screwdriver walk over to it and start taking it off and some guy runs over it starts yelling and screaming about be careful, you need to stop we need to have an electrician here to do this!! I said do what take some screws off of the wall whatever! Then he starts tell me how he was going to buy it but he was waiting for somebody that he knew to come over and take it off the wall because it was hooked up to live electrical line. And I was just like well if your buddy gets here before I get it off then you can have it. Took it off of the wall unscrewed it pullback there's a hot neutral. What to do... lol. Then some other guy came over yelling about how was live and I need to stop it before I get hurt. So this is my big five dollar purchase that caused such a problem with everybody!

image-2366749331.jpg

image-3366636879.jpg

image-3796501805.jpg

Then some other stuff as well.

image-3003001894.jpg

image-2967357412.jpg

image-2733105862.jpg

image-2536082049.jpg

I don't know whole lot about ammo. But $14 seemed like a good price!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an extendable outlet. Kind of like a reverse extension cord. Instead of extending your cord to the outlet, you can bring the outlet to your cord. A lot of wood shops have them mounted to the ceiling.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG .. I think we need a health and safety meeting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Something I have done before many times... I have pulled stuff out that was fastened in some way. Thinking outside the box for sure.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the other guy got testy about the cord you could of told him to "bite the bullets".

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should have told him to pull your finger LOL

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Need an electrician to take that down???? Are those people really that clueless or helpless? I can only imagine that guy hiring an electrician to put it up in his place...talk about wasting some serious cash...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
should have told him to pull your finger LOL
LOL! Here is a video for that!! Enjoy!:laughing7:
[video=youtube;ez5CwlmEUnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ez5CwlmEUnI[/video]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Screwdriver & piece of Electrical Tape to rap wire after removal :tongue3:

that'll be $250 Dola !

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Jeff said - I was wondering what you did with the bare wires after removal? Did you wire nut or tape them up? I understand it is such an easy thing to remove, but on the other hand, there are so many stupid people. Someone could have easily electrocuted themselves - Then here comes a lawsuit on the estate.

Just a sad world we live in right now.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Here is a video for that!! Enjoy!:laughing7:

All these people out messing with others - This is what I like to see, my wife often says "I hate to see what happens to the guy that pulls a stupid prank on you"

Last edited:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an estate sale today and everything in the house was pretty picked over by the time got there. But I saw this on the wall and I had to have it. Now the lady told me if I could get off of the wall I can have it for five bucks. So I get a screwdriver walk over to it and start taking it off and some guy runs over it starts yelling and screaming about be careful, you need to stop we need to have an electrician here to do this!! I said do what take some screws off of the wall whatever! Then he starts tell me how he was going to buy it but he was waiting for somebody that he knew to come over and take it off the wall because it was hooked up to live electrical line. And I was just like well if your buddy gets here before I get it off then you can have it. Took it off of the wall unscrewed it pullback there's a hot neutral. What to do... lol. Then some other guy came over yelling about how was live and I need to stop it before I get hurt. So this is my big five dollar purchase that caused such a problem with everybody!

View attachment 941845

View attachment 941846

View attachment 941847

Then some other stuff as well.

View attachment 941848

View attachment 941849

View attachment 941850

View attachment 941851

I don't know whole lot about ammo. But $14 seemed like a good price!

From the box, I believe they should be from the 1950, or 1960s. If properly reloaded, they should be fine. Factory ammo and properly reloaded ammo can last for a hundred years or more. The load data (6.5grn of Unique Powder) puts it in a mid range power load, which is very close to factory target ammo.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
$14 ? The first ad I just looked at was $37.99 for a new box of 50.....

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Jeff said - I was wondering what you did with the bare wires after removal? Did you wire nut or tape them up? I understand it is such an easy thing to remove, but on the other hand, there are so many stupid people. Someone could have easily electrocuted themselves - Then here comes a lawsuit on the estate.

I just put electrical caps right back on them. Screw them down and push the wires back inside. Then took a piece of duct tape that was sitting there and tape the whole open off. Maybe I should've pretended I was getting electrocuted. Maybe would've made for an interesting moment for everyone that was having a panic attack!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put electrical caps right back on them. Screw them down and push the wires back inside. Then took a piece of duct tape that was sitting there and tape the whole open off. Maybe I should've pretended I was getting electrocuted. Maybe would've made for an interesting moment for everyone that was having a panic attack!

Plus, you could have walked out with a lot of free stuff!!!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

If I went to an estate sale and got hurt due to someone else's negligence, I would absolutely sue them.

You would not?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread