OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, I went to school and worked as an electrician for 5 yrs. I didn't tell anyone that.... Next thing would be come take this light down, come over and put up a fan... So something they were all scared of was no big deal to me. I left the work for now as my daughter had alot of medical problems and she needed to be watched all the time. I just applied to another company for the first time in 2 yrs on Thursday.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, I went to school and worked as an electrician for 5 yrs. I didn't tell anyone that.... Next thing would be come take this light down, come over and put up a fan... So something they were all scared of was no big deal to me. I left the work for now as my daughter had alot of medical problems and she needed to be watched all the time. I just applied to another company for the first time in 2 yrs on Thursday.

Well, good luck beachkid - Hope your daughter is doing well, electricians are usually pretty sought after. I wish you the best!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope Ben - You and I think totally different. If you read the thread, they were telling him NOT to mess with it - Not sure that would be someone else's negligence if he got hurt after they told him not to do it. Correct?

I guess I misread your post. I didnt realize that was what you were referring to.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I went to an estate sale and got hurt due to someone else's negligence, I would absolutely sue them.

You would not?

It would depend on the situation and severity. But most likely not. I am not the suing type. I am all about personal responsibility...Not one to sue...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It would depend on the situation and severity. But most likely not. I am not the suing type. I am all about personal responsibility...Not one to sue...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. It is all in context. If I do something stupid, that is my fault. If you do something stupid (and it affects me), then it is lawsuit time.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No matter how cheap they are, I don't buy other peoples hand loads. If I do acquire hand loads, I plan to pull the bullets, dump the powder, pop the caps and start over. You have no idea what the loader did, and the info on the box doesn't mean a thing. You have no idea if that info was written for that load or an entirely different one he had loaded months or years before. I have hand loads of my own in boxes from the 50's and they were loaded last week, and are probably not even the same brass that started out in that box. An accidental double charge of unique or bulls eye powder can cause big problems to the gun and fingers of the shooter. Buying someone else's ammo I would pay no more than what reload-able brass is worth. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, buy it and shoot it, it's just what I do, make up your own mind.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how cheap they are, I don't buy other peoples hand loads. If I do acquire hand loads, I plan to pull the bullets, dump the powder, pop the caps and start over. You have no idea what the loader did, and the info on the box doesn't mean a thing. You have no idea if that info was written for that load or an entirely different one he had loaded months or years before. I have hand loads of my own in boxes from the 50's and they were loaded last week, and are probably not even the same brass that started out in that box. An accidental double charge of unique or bulls eye powder can cause big problems to the gun and fingers of the shooter. Buying someone else's ammo I would pay no more than what reload-able brass is worth. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, buy it and shoot it, it's just what I do, make up your own mind.

I agree 110%!!!

I only shoot my own reloads or reloads made by my son. A double charge, especially of the faster powders, can be devastating!!!

Normally, I won't even take reloaded ammo, if offered for free, unless they are hard to find brass. For most common ammo, it's too much work for me, to brake a round down and start over.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

I agree as well, shooting someone else's reloads is putting an awful lot of trust in them. Especially someone you never even met.
images
images
images
2Q==

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Every now and then I like to get a little 110 jolt to start the day. It gives off a tingling feeling. Gets u going when the coffie dosent cut it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions