Metal Detecting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cave/hole is located outside of fort Gibson Oklahoma not too far from the actual fort.

Heres an aerial of Fort Gibson, with the Fort in the center of a generous 4 mile diameter circle. So the cave is within walking distance of a fair size town and only a couple more miles upstream to a popular tourist dam and lake. It probably has been a dump for the local folk for quite awhile, probably some cool old artifacts in there. Is there a lot of graffiti on the walls? Caves near towns are always well frequented by the locals and sadly, often desecrated.

Click on photo to enlarge it:

Attachments

• fortgibson.png
    fortgibson.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just when everyone is bored and checking in frequently...we get a juicy post like this.
Makes me wonder if there is some Silver involved. Maybe some stash of coins buried there.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just when everyone is bored and checking in frequently...we get a juicy post like this.
Makes me wonder if there is some Silver involved. Maybe some stash of coins buried there.

Or even GOLD! :coins: :goldbar: :3barsgold:
Perhaps even a KGC stash. Not likely.

But just in case watch out for death traps!

The entrance you found may have only opened up in the last 20 years or so by natural causes, ground shift, flooding, etc.
The main entrance was probably sealed.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And perhaps some real problems if not handled correctly.

"Correctly" being the operative word.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And perhaps some real problems if not handled correctly.

"Correctly" being the operative word.

This is the World Wide Web!
That means everything is downloaded..archived...indexed..and searchable.
No thing is just between just us. Duh!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ask yourself this (in case you ever find yourself in this situation)...if you come upon a rare find like this and your partner (your brother no less) is so scared of getting caught grabbing something that you leave and wait 6 years to return...you suddenly then decide to revisit the discovery then post it on the World Wide Web...then follow up by saying nobody knows about it but your brother, yourself, and this forum...you then contact your brother (who was freaked out and having panic attacks about it being illegal) asking for additional pictures so you can upload them to the internet.....hmm. Good time to come up with a better plan. Just some advice for anyone that happens to by chance find themselves in this same situation.

Flame suit on. Please upload some more pictures and additional information. I think you found something wonderful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ask yourself this (in case you ever find yourself in this situation)...if you come upon a rare find like this and your partner (your brother no less) is so scared of getting caught grabbing something that you leave and wait 6 years to return...you suddenly then decide to revisit the discovery then post it on the World Wide Web...then follow up by saying nobody knows about it but your brother, yourself, and this forum...you then contact your brother (who was freaked out and having panic attacks about it being illegal) asking for additional pictures to upload to the internet.....hmm. Good time to come up with a better plan. Just some advice for anyone that happens to by chance find themselves in this same situation.

Flame suit on. Please upload some more pictures and additional information. I think you found something wonderful.
Well gotta think I’m 19 now so I was 13 when we found it and my brother was only 11. So yeah we are older now and a little bit wiser and plus we got our boat transportation taken away a couple months later so now that we are older and got a boat it opened the door to go check it out again.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s nowhere near the town or your circle and you’d have to cross a river. It’s pretty complicated to describe and there’s literally no signs of anyone or anything in the whole area. Like I said it takes a boat to get there and plus a couple miles of walking to find it.

So this was untrue what you said earlier? And if this is untrue, then it strains credulity of any information given us.

The cave/hole is located outside of fort Gibson Oklahoma not too far from the actual fort.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heres an aerial of Fort Gibson, with the Fort in the center of a generous 4 mile diameter circle. So the cave is within walking distance of a fair size town and only a couple more miles upstream to a popular tourist dam and lake. It probably has been a dump for the local folk for quite awhile, probably some cool old artifacts in there. Is there a lot of graffiti on the walls? Caves near towns are always well frequented by the locals and sadly, often desecrated.

Click on photo to enlarge it:

Do not tempt me to buy a plane ticket because that’s the sort of treasure I would fly to just to look. I’m from Southeast Louisiana I’m not afraid of a high tide or low tide it’s all the same to us. If you can survive Katrina and then protecting your family and your property from the stealing thugs you can survive anything.

Treasure hunting 101- loose lips sink ships and I wouldn’t wait another 6 yrs to go back. Trust me don’t trust me.

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s kind of a cave/hole in the ground. It goes down about 6 feet then opens up to this huge underground cave and goes for a long ways. We haven’t found the back of it yet. But like i said I would’ve had better advise posting this to Facebook and getting made fun of than this site.

Jakewc10, I did not make fun of you, yes it was a little tongue in cheek but you have to admit your first two posts left a lot of room for doubt. Someone else wrote about there being many people on here claiming to have found the Mother lode or some other fabulous treasure trove and he is right there are many on here that do, so don't expect people to just take your word for it.

Having said that, your pictures on post #28 has erased most of doubt I have and I congratulate you on your wonderful discovery. I wish you the best of luck with being able to keep all that you find. However my love for American history especially about the Civil War, I do hope some of what you get will go to a museum so that all can view a little part of our history.

I look forward to seeing more of this place and it's contents.

I see now that this may not be Civil War Era site.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well gotta think I’m 19 now so I was 13 when we found it and my brother was only 11. So yeah we are older now and a little bit wiser and plus we got our boat transportation taken away a couple months later so now that we are older and got a boat it opened the door to go check it out again.

I’ll give you that. You probably are much wiser now.
I’m looking forward to some pictures. It’s something even treasure magazines are unable to obtain in decades of publishing. Your really have something special here.

Your contribution will appear on the banner, an area reserved for only the most rare finds. Check it out.

SpanishTHunter

Feb 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You must not be very wise as you posted what you found. Mark my words, someone will find that cave. You NEVER ever post any finds such as this let alone on the internet! Biggest mistake you made was opening your mouth!

OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this was untrue what you said earlier? And if this is untrue, then it strains credulity of any information given us.

It’s not too far from the fort itself. Fort Gibson is a town and the fort is completely separate from the actual town. It’s confusing but you’re not too far off.

OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not be very wise as you posted what you found. Mark my words, someone will find that cave. You NEVER ever post any finds such as this let alone on the internet! Biggest mistake you made was opening your mouth!

Lol. Yeah It’s way too hard to find and way too far to get too. Takes roughly 3 1/2 hours of traveling by foot just to get to it cause of the terrain and plus the boat ride.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not too far from the fort itself. Fort Gibson is a town and the fort is completely separate from the actual town. It’s confusing but you’re not too far off.

The Fort is separate, but its right on the edge of the town of Fort Gibson by the River, see my attachment below where both the town and the Fort are labeled. So if the cave is near the Fort as you say, it isn't too far off or remote.

Click to enlarge:

Attachments

• fortgibson.png
    fortgibson.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another treasure hunters trick is to disable the camera's location settings if your phone is so equipped.
No use giving away the location where a photo was taken by posting the photo online with a geo tag embedded on it.

• Select the Camera app from the “all apps” section.
  • Tap left menu on the display.
  • Click “Settings,” then toggle “Save location” to off.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes roughly 3 1/2 hours of traveling by foot just to get to it cause of the terrain and plus the boat ride.

But this is contrary to what you told us earlier, that it was right off the river and even floods at times:

and the location of this cave is right off the river so it has probably flooded at times.

Now you are saying you were lying to throw us of the "Trail" is nonsensical, we were never on the trail, we had no idea where it was, so there was no need to lie, you could just have left it at "it's in Oklahoma" or "no comment" on it's location.

So what we have are several false statements which strains credulity for all of the statements.

Keep in mind, you are on a Treasure Forum, We LIVE, BREATHE and DIE treasures. We are sticklers for truth, clues and evidence, so we pay attention to the details and expect truthful accountings.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to step back from this, realize i'm getting in too deep and arguing with a 19 year old, who found it when he was 13 and his brother 11.

I'll wait for the pictures of the actual stash of goods in the cave, not individual pieces. I think you'll find as you grow in treasure hunting, that no matter how remote, how undisturbed the land seems, there has been many, many people through there. Ask any treasure hunter on here who hunts in the most remote spots of the US, put a coil to the ground and you'll find bullet casings, lead bullets, shot gun shells and iron scrap.

Waiting anxiously for the pictures.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to step back from this, realize i'm getting in too deep and arguing with a 19 year old, who found it when he was 13 and his brother 11.

I'll wait for the pictures of the actual stash of goods in the cave, not individual pieces. I think you'll find as you grow in treasure hunting, that no matter how remote, how undisturbed the land seems, there has been many, many people through there. Ask any treasure hunter on here who hunts in the most remote spots of the US, put a coil to the ground and you'll find bullet casings, lead bullets, shot gun shells and iron scrap.

Waiting anxiously for the pictures.
:happy1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread