mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Spent the day in the tank and, after a thick coat of rust was gone, was shocked to see the name of an old Detroit company! This one may need a hickory handle and a permanent spot on my wall. IMG_20170531_225313.jpg

Upvote 9

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice. Did you do any research on the name and find out when they were in business. I have never cleaned any of mine. Maybe I need to start! Thanks for sharing

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Oh, Man ! Is that steel cool, or what ? I like it a lot. You did a super job cleaning it up, that's for sure. That is a super Wall Hanger !

OP
OP
M

mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Did you do any research on the name and find out when they were in business. I have never cleaned any of mine. Maybe I need to start! Thanks for sharing

Yep - they were a well known family in the 1800's (Detroit) and were in business until the 1940's... the axe heads are rare and, based on the few Ebay transactions, are going for a premium. I usually save all of the axe heads found for the winter time and then run them thru the electrolysis tank. Sometimes I get lucky and see some nice markings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions