Certian minerials???

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
While I was posting my last post I reweccled something that some may find UNUSUAL.
Did you know that there is a certain Gem Stone that has an effect of the Human Mind. It is known as the PSYCHIC STONE.
THERE IS A VERY LARGE CHUNK OF THIS STONE IS IN THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE.
Check this out.
At one time this stone was on public display UNCOVERED but due to the effects it was having on the people walking near it they had to enclose the stone in LEAD GLASS. Strange but True. Can anyone tell me what this stone is?
I have a large piece of it myself and guess what some people cannot wear this Gem Stome because of the effects it has on them.
Can anyone tell me what this Gem Stone is?
I will give a silver coin that is over 500 years old to the first person that CAN TELL ME OF THIS NAME OF THIS STONE.
Have fun everyone.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Tropical Tramp,
Since it appears that you and I are the only ones interested in this type stones I will tell what this this stone is.
It is Royal blue with small flakes of gold pyrite through it. It is found where these country's touch each other,
Russia, China and Tibet. There are other locations around the world but this is where the true Physic stone come from. It is LAPUS LAZULE.
It does effect some of those that get near it. I have a few quartz stone crystals in a box somewhere but I do not consider them as being very good at what I do. The reason that so many people believe in Quartz is that it is clear and resembles a Crystall Ball.
When taught in Tibet how to mediate they use a bowl of water. This is where the Crystal Ball came from-it is hard to impress customers with a Bowl of water ;D ;D.
The Monks are taught to look half way into the bowl of water.
Anyway if there is anyone out there that has such a stone try this Little test.
Have someone hold this stone to your forehead and you think about HEAT. The person holding the stone will drop the stone within a few seconds. It gets to hot for them to hold-DO NOT TELL THOSE THAT HOLD THIS STONE ANYTHING ABOUT THE HEAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
It does not have any effect on the person the stone is held to.
A thought just came to me.
I am thinking of DOWSING using this stone. I think it will do what I am seeking to do. This one of the reason that I enjoy posting different things on the forum-it opens different routes to try.
Now all I have to do is figure how to make a plum bob or needle from the piece that I have. The piece that I have is about 1.5" x 1.5" x .5".
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Tropical Tramp,
When you find out please let me know cause I would like to have a chunk of this myself.
The piece that I have came from Afghanistan many years ago.
Will not purchase anything from there anymore.
Peg Leg

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
There is LAPIS LAZULI from all over the world on ebay. The prices are not that bad.

Tim

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg clearly mentioned "Lapus Lazule," which is obviously not the same mineral1 as Lapis Lazuli. Anyone who has a piece of Lapis Lazuli knows that it's a pretty mineral, but certainly2 is not psychic. Why, that would be just plain silly. And, if you hold it to the forehead and think "heat," all you'll end up with is a rock approaching 98F, and some well-deserved strange looks.

- Carl

1Or even minerial.
2Or even certianly.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Carl-NC
Yes sir it is a GOOD LOOKING BLUE STONE.
YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU PURCHASE OFF EBAY-YOU MAY END UP WITH A DIED ROCK FROM CHINA.
I wonder why the Smithsonian put the lead glass around it?
I will not get into a debate about ESP-BEEN THERE-DONE THAT. and it ain't worth it.
It works for me anyway.
PEG LEG

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
I wonder why the Smithsonian put the lead glass around it?

I strongly suspect that no such thing ever happened.

- Carl

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I suggest that if you question what I have said that you check it out yourself. Have you ever been to the Smithsonian Institute. I have a few times-before and after the lead glass was installed.
Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.
Peg Leg

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
I suggest that if you question what I have said that you check it out yourself. Have you ever been to the Smithsonian Institute. I have a few times-before and after the lead glass was installed.
Peg Leg

Sure, I've been there. If the Smithsonian placed minerals inside a leaded glass case because they happen to be radioactive, then that's a believable explanation. But if you're telling us that they did so because the minerals were having a "psychic" effect on visitors, well, that's completely unbelievable. But not as unbelievable as the claim that a mere thought can raise the temperature of a rock by a couple hundred degrees.

- Carl

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Carl-NC said:
Peg Leg said:
Peg Leg

Sure, I've been there. If the Smithsonian placed minerals inside a leaded glass case because they happen to be radioactive, then that's a believable explanation. But if you're telling us that they did so because the minerals were having a "psychic" effect on visitors, well, that's completely unbelievable. But not as unbelievable as the claim that a mere thought can raise the temperature of a rock by a couple hundred degrees.

- Carl
Sounds like we should get Mythbusters involved here! ;D

We'll send dowsing to them at the same time, kill two birds with one buster.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Mythbusters.....Where do I find this program?...I need a good laugh...Art
Try the Discovery Channel, Art. Careful, though. Each program there is filled with facts, so many you head may just explode from the knowledge.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Geeaf1733..That's the channel I watched one of Randi's Media Events on. That tells me that what you see sometimes is a complete fake,,,,Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Geeaf1733..That's the channel I watched one of Randi's Media Events on. That tells me that what you see sometimes is a complete fake,,,,Art
Take it up with the Discovery Channel, Art. Maybe they'll listen to you...... On second thought, I doubt they'll take you seriously,either.....

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Carl-NC,
I did not say that the rock/stone would increase in temp in fact it will not but the HEAT WILL BE FELT BY THE ONE HOLDING THE STONE.
Concerning the Leadglass surrounding the stone. It is NOT putting out any form of Radiation BUT some people were affected by the stone.
Call or wite the Institute and ask them WHY DOES THIS LAPUS STONE REQUIRED TO HAVE LEADGLASS AROUND IT?
PEG LEG

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
Carl-NC,
I did not say that the rock/stone would increase in temp in fact it will not but the HEAT WILL BE FELT BY THE ONE HOLDING THE STONE.

OK, you said, "It gets to [sic] hot for them to hold." I assumed you were claiming the stone got hot. But now you say the stone does not get hot.

So, will this happen with ANYONE who tries this test, or just people who are easily fooled? The reason I ask is that my daughter has a piece of lapis, so I can try this experiment for myself. What do you predict will happen?

Call or wite the Institute and ask them WHY DOES THIS LAPUS STONE REQUIRED TO HAVE LEADGLASS AROUND IT?

And when you asked them this, what did they say?

- Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions