RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Finds of "peas" are:

the village of Emanzhelink - is a lot of small
to SV from of Emanzhelink, in the field, in "spot" of 50х30 m - more than 20 copies.
the village Deputy - is a lot of
the water area and the lake Tchebarkul coast - is
settlement. Birch forests - there is a lot of
Belonosovo (between Korkino and Emanzhelinsky) - 1 find (now it is extreme east point of an ellipse)
the settlement Melkombinata (Chelyabinsk) - some copy (information probably false)
Apprx. 8 km to the West from Deputy on a trajectory - copies to 5 cm in the diameter
settlement. October Krasnoarmeisky district (to SV from Korkino) - 1 copy of 15 mm in size
Kazbayevo's village (it is located to Yu from page Timiryazevsky). In 1 km to SV from the village - a find of 1 copy of peas.
settlement. Trans-Ural, vicinities - are peas

Finds of "peas" aren't present:

settlement Timiryazevsky
settlement. Herbalists
settlement. May Day

http://www.meteoritics.ru/forum/

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it is posted & I missed it ?

can you explain the snow sticks ? Ice sickles ?

are they created by the heat of the meteorite ?

I never saw anything like that in snow before :o

1834302_m.jpg

OP
OP
B

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe it is posted & I missed it ?

can you explain the snow sticks ? Ice sickles ?

are they created by the heat of the meteorite ?

I never saw anything like that in snow before :o

View attachment 748319

The snow stick, is dug out and delivered to a photo operptory, for descriptive reasons.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen snow stick together in that shape before

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool. Thanks for continuing to share Barkas. With the detonations that occurred, there have to be thousands of pieces scattered over a very large area.
Good luck with the recovery efforts!

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well stated Charl.
I have only been collecting meteorites for 5-6 years, but really have learned alot from being a member of the metlist. Unfortunately for me, it seems all the recoverable falls happen far away from PA. Have you been involved with any recent recovery efforts anywhere? Or are you involved scientifically? Or if a collector, what is your favorite meteorite in your collection?

Thanks, sciflyer. I'm just a collector, but I've gone long periods where my interest becomes dormant, and I focus on other things, in particular surface hunting for Native american artifacts. Last meteorite I bought was about 5 years ago. But I was very involved with collecting for much of the last 30 years. I like witnesses falls more then finds. Witnessed falls often have interesting stories connected with them, this new Russian fall is sure an example of that!! I like planetary, so I have quite a few lunar and Martian meteorites, nothing big at the prices they sell for!. The metlist is great. I subscribed for many years in the late 90's through mid 2000's, check archives now. Here's a good forum I just joined because there were so many threads about Cherbakul(official name), but barkas remains the best source of info, IMO. The forum is moderated, takes about 4-5 days to get approved, can't use the site otherwise. I just noticed that barkas has begun posting his photos and info there as well. I translated the Russian forum page, but could not find any specimens for sale but barkas indicates at Club Space Rock that there are reliable people selling on the Russian forum.

Club Space Rock - Meteorites and Meteorite Hunting

My favorite meteorite is a 378gm Allende individual with primary and secondary fusion crust, seen here. Maybe I'll put it in it's own thread, don't see them this big too often these days, and with fairly fresh crust. And believe me, I could NEVER afford such a specimen today, I've had it since the late 80's. nice meeting you here, scyflyer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The SPOT 5 satellite received pictures of the area of falling of fragments of a meteorite near the lake Tchebarkul, in photos the ice-hole in the ice, arisen after falling, and also numerous traces of people and cars is visible, the press service of the technical center "Skaneks" where reception and processing of images was carried out reported.

http://ria.ru/

Last edited:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, sciflyer. I'm just a collector, but I've gone long periods where my interest becomes dormant, and I focus on other things, in particular surface hunting for Native american artifacts. Last meteorite I bought was about 5 years ago. But I was very involved with collecting for much of the last 30 years. I like witnesses falls more then finds. Witnessed falls often have interesting stories connected with them, this new Russian fall is sure an example of that!! I like planetary, so I have quite a few lunar and Martian meteorites, nothing big at the prices they sell for!. The metlist is great. I subscribed for many years in the late 90's through mid 2000's, check archives now. Here's a good forum I just joined because there were so many threads about Cherbakul(official name), but barkas remains the best source of info, IMO. The forum is moderated, takes about 4-5 days to get approved, can't use the site otherwise. I just noticed that barkas has begun posting his photos and info there as well. I translated the Russian forum page, but could not find any specimens for sale but barkas indicates at Club Space Rock that there are reliable people selling on the Russian forum.

Club Space Rock - Meteorites and Meteorite Hunting

My favorite meteorite is a 378gm Allende individual with primary and secondary fusion crust, seen here. Maybe I'll put it in it's own thread, don't see them this big too often these days, and with fairly fresh crust. And believe me, I could NEVER afford such a specimen today, I've had it since the late 80's. nice meeting you here, scyflyer!

Wow, that is a beauty. That would fetch serious coin if sold. That looks to be museum quality. I only have a few grams of allende. I have only one lunar and one martian as well. Those can be very expensive.
Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.
Oh, also recently on the list, I read a new one found in Morrocco (I think) is thought to be from Mercury based on initial studies.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, scyflyer. I heard about the possible meteorite from Mercury. Collectors and scientists alike have long pondered whether any such specimens exist in our collections. Maybe this will be the first.

OP
OP
B

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At Institute of geology of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science (Novosibirsk) two fragments of a meteorite (that got), blown up over Chelyabinsk are studied on February 15.
By a preliminary estimate in the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, it is established that the main minerals of fragments are silicates:
olivin (Mg, Fe) 2SiO4,
and ortopiroxen (Mg, Fe) 2Si2O6.
In smaller quantity iron and nickel sulfides (FeS, Ni3S2) are found,
and native metals of Fe and Ni group.
Besides, in fragments of a meteorite are revealed chromite (Fe, Mg) by Cr2O4,
clinoporoxen (CaMgSi2O6),
plagioclase (Ca, Na) Al2Si2O8,
and also glass of polevoshpatovy structure.

OP
OP
B

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Ekaterinburg fisherman already shot video, from under ice on the lake Tchebarkul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread