diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't make it at all...That morning my phone rang very early to unlock a business that lost it's keys. They wanted me there right when the sale was to begin. Getting there without a ticket I knew I would be way back in line. I am not rich enough to turn down guaranteed money and scored another job shortly after, it was much needed.

My friend did go, she could care less about the civil war items but she did note some prices for me, everything was over retail and marked exactly to what the item was, when and where it was made and a price tag that would make you sick. "They had appraisers for weeks going through everything" was overheard, said by a company worker.

Sorry not to turn this into the event of the century and hope you all can forgive me for not showing a room full of exotics. I'm bummed too, the rest of my worthless weekend was spent fixing my vehicle and pouring out money to do so.

This weekend should be back to normal for me and hopefully I can contribute something worth a darn.
A bird in hand beats two in the bush. You gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for the update.

I've always wondered what happens to all the stuff that is left at the end of some of these over priced sales? You know they didn't and aren't going to sell everything.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
A bird in hand beats two in the bush. You gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for the update. I've always wondered what happens to all the stuff that is left at the end of some of these over priced sales? You know they didn't and aren't going to sell everything.
Half the estate sales in my area have their own websites/thrift stores/warehouses. Most deals include removal of any leftover items. You can tell which pieces they want by the outrageous prices. They don't wan to sell the item and make a commission when they can grab it after the sale and get 100%. There are a lot of shady companies by me. Probably 50/50 split of scamsters and good companies. But as a buyer this doesn't affect me much, as a customer trying to liquidate an estate, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread