Civil War items on Ebay - 3bead

3bead

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2012
Arlington, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, My name is Adam Smith - I am a photo collector and Western Historian. I also collect countless other antiquities, Native and Tribal items, coins, guns, trinkets, etc. I became a hard core Western collector when I was given the opportunity to learn and buy some special photos from one of the master collectors in the United States. I also collect Civil War items

Lately, I have had to stop selling Civil War items on Ebay, some troll with a personal vendetta is ending all of my auctions, on genuine items. This has happened with the last 10 things I have listed on there.

I have really done a lot of work on these items, so it is disappointing to see this happen as I have always been honest in my dealings and expertise. You can check the other forums of Old photos, and Fur Trade items, to see the other types of items I have owned and the level of work I have put into researching them.

Here are some genuine Civil War items I have sold over the years. Confederate tintype with single shot pistol and bowie knife found in Ft. Worth, Texas. Ultra Rare unique forge Sheffield Bowie Knife with lanyard ring and corkscrew. Exceptional and GENUINE Southern made Confederate-type bowie Knife with Southern Arsenal style brass hilt (this was ended by the Ebay trolls four (4) separate times - with all bidders emailed as a fake item every time.) By the end of the auction it got like 2 bids - for this exceptional and real knife. When you have people who know literally nothing about these items reporting your auctions as fake - it makes it hard to sell. Lastly a set of REAL Slave cuffs, ship bound or line-in Slave cuffs with one locking end.

Just wanted at least someone to know that all the Civil War items I have sold are genuine, and that I am going to find out the specific name of the person ruining my auctions.

I currently sell on Ebay under the name 3bead.
You can check out my Facebook page which has other photos from my collection - Adam Smith. I'm also a TGCA member.
Thanks and Enjoy,
Adam R. Smith

Attachments

• tintypes 006 copy.jpg
    tintypes 006 copy.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 225
  • ae 067 copy.jpg
    ae 067 copy.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 157
  • ae 029 copy.jpg
    ae 029 copy.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 158
  • aaddet copy.jpg
    aaddet copy.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 144
  • aaad 001 copy.jpg
    aaad 001 copy.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice items Adam. I am thinking there is an area on here where you may advertise to sell items. You may want to post there as well and start posting some of your items and letting people know they will be for sale on e-bay. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread