Civil War Shirt Metal ? Name and Infantry - Help Identify Please

Okiesoap

Sep 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was an interesting day to say the least. I'm helping my mom clean out her house and we come across this beauty (see picture please). We don't know anything about this person - we aren't related to them either. This was found under a cabinet folded around a very old obituary. It is so cool and I know it's the real deal, but I don't know where to start on researching it. This belonged to Columbus Doty who from his obit died in 1915. He was in the Company G, 10th Indiana Infantry.

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me.

Metal.jpg

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool i'm related to the Doty that came over on the Mayflower

Upvote 0

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool piece to find in a house clean up project. - Maybe a reunion badge for Yankee troops?

Upvote 0

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow the links:Soldier Details -. Born December 18,1836 died march 29,1915, wife Lorinda Doty died in 1932 both died in lincoln county ok. and both are buried in Tyron cemetary. You have his service badge. Need to put those in a shadow box. Very collectable PM me if you need anything else.

Upvote 0

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I think they're called Reunion badge or medal. I have one from my Step Grandad's Grandad's. It has a strait bar w/ star hanging under it and made of nicle. He was officer in 2 different cavalry units from Tenn. Cool lookin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions