Clad Tumbling??

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for clad coins just go cheap. I recommed one from harbor freight co. They are about $30 and work great along with fish tank gravel. Little soap and water and 3 hours later they are ready to turn in to the bank.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I agree with Dewcon4414. I bought a $24.00 Harbor Freight special and have tumbled over 600 coins so far in it. The only suggestion I have for you is to go to a sewing machine shop and get a belt for a sewing machine (same size as tumblers), it lasts a lot longer! My 2 that came with the tumbler broke after a few uses. This one from the sewing machine shop has gone for days and days w/o a problem yet.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Lortone makes a 1.5 pound tumbler.

I paid $50.00 for mine. I use it almost everyday. Never had a problem... Uh okay yeah. Don't mix baking soda and vinegar together in it. ;)

Ridley

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a vibrating "tumbler" designed to clean brass cartridge cases. It was at a garage sale and I think I ended up paying $8. It's supposed to use crushed walnut shells, but I use aquarium gravel. It won't hold as much (maybe 5 lbs of coins and gravel (50/50) at once), but the price was right and it works. I had a nice rock tumbler but I gave it to my niece before I got into detecting. Such is life.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob you just gave me a great idea for a bottle tumbler. THANKS!

Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread