Clearwater Beach is sanded in !

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove two hours to Clearwater Beach yesterday. Ole Irma drug in a ton of sand , shells , and trash ! Only finds in the water were trash. Wet sand gave up a little coinage and junk jewelry. GL+HH ! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505928232.928299.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update. I wont feel like I'm missing something by not driving down there.

I see gold...those baby conch shells go for like $3 and up and a few of the others like $1 and up at places
after a storm years ago - sanded in for hunting - put my machine on blanket - put mask on and shell hunted
filled a 3 gallon bucket with probably over $200 in shells in an hour - I know most hunters I see when I'm down there
don't wear masks - others see these shells as common and wouldn't bother - go check out a few tourist gift shops - and see what they get
for those - you could easily start an on line business - up in New England - only shells worth picking up are huge
quahog shells - I use them to make stuffed clams in - you can bake in them and microwave in them - dishwasher safe - they sell for around
$3-$5 online and are hard to find at cooking stores - if I lived near beaches - Id be collecting those and selling them
I actually have about 100 of them - some days at low tide beaches are covered with them
If I ever make it to retirement and move to Fla. believe me - I'll be doing some shell selling for extra money
One day down there I was finding those baby conchs all over the bottom - I could have easily sold them on the beach for $1 a piece
and made $40 - $50 bucks
I ended up giving a bunch away - people were storming me once they saw I was giving them away and were shocked I didn't want anything for them

I bet ! Glad you mentioned that. It was low tide at 6:30 ish when I arrived , and there were really nice shells everywhere ! Much more than usual. Never thought about selling them. Maybe I'll put my Son to work next time collecting a bunch. What's weird is I've never found a shell on that beach with anything living in it. They're always empty. I grab a few each time and add em to my rocks out in front of my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I gotta believe I would be a shell hoarder if those things were laying around where I'm at

I see gold...those baby conch shells go for like $3 and up and a few of the others like $1 and up at places
after a storm years ago - sanded in for hunting - put my machine on blanket - put mask on and shell hunted
filled a 3 gallon bucket with probably over $200 in shells in an hour - I know most hunters I see when I'm down there
don't wear masks - others see these shells as common and wouldn't bother - go check out a few tourist gift shops - and see what they get
for those - you could easily start an on line business - up in New England - only shells worth picking up are huge
quahog shells - I use them to make stuffed clams in - you can bake in them and microwave in them - dishwasher safe - they sell for around
$3-$5 online and are hard to find at cooking stores - if I lived near beaches - Id be collecting those and selling them
I actually have about 100 of them - some days at low tide beaches are covered with them
If I ever make it to retirement and move to Fla. believe me - I'll be doing some shell selling for extra money
One day down there I was finding those baby conchs all over the bottom - I could have easily sold them on the beach for $1 a piece
and made $40 - $50 bucks
I ended up giving a bunch away - people were storming me once they saw I was giving them away and were shocked I didn't want anything for them

Man Casper, I dunno .. on ebay there are hundreds of these things for sale and none selling:
9 Beautiful Medium Battling Conch Shells- Each shell is 3 3/4 to 3 inches-LOOK!

If I could sell these for even $1 a piece I'd be collecting them in buckets, they are literally everywhere.

Hook me up with your customers haha

I have seen the beach so full of shells you can't find sand to walk on. I believe you could sell them if you have any salesmanship in you. I would set them up near a pier like Clearwater that tourists go to during the season (after the shells are gone from the beach lol) and have a shill help if you have a friend willing to do some dirty work.

I went out to clearwater beach last night, some clad and one junk ring.

Welcome to T-Net!
I have always wanted to try swingin' & pingin' after a big hurricane.
But I fear that my wheelchair would would get stuck in the sand. :unhappysmiley: ;)

Drove two hours to Clearwater Beach yesterday. Ole Irma drug in a ton of sand , shells , and trash ! Only finds in the water were trash. Wet sand gave up a little coinage and junk jewelry. GL+HH ! View attachment 1496334
Clearwater beach is not sanded in , reset your detector. I was there today ,found over $2,and a silver chain. A lot of cookie coins. about 2 feet of sand is gone, next time you go , look at the Pier ,you see how much sand is gone.

Clearwater beach is not sanded in , reset your detector. I was there today ,found over $2,and a silver chain. A lot of cookie coins. about 2 feet of sand is gone, next time you go , look at the Pier ,you see how much sand is gone.
I saw Rons chain in person...a really nice find...me and Bigmike got lots of coins and fishing weights...Bigmike got a Samsung Galaxy 8 plus.

Man Casper, I dunno .. on ebay there are hundreds of these things for sale and none selling:
9 Beautiful Medium Battling Conch Shells- Each shell is 3 3/4 to 3 inches-LOOK!

If I could sell these for even $1 a piece I'd be collecting them in buckets, they are literally everywhere.

Hook me up with your customers haha
I don't know how they would feel about it down there - laws and all - but if I lived down there and had young kids or grandkids
would have them walking the beach and selling some of the nicer or big ones for a dollar a piece to tourists - I bet they'd do good

my first times down to Fla. I was buying all kinds of shells from shell stores and gift shops
- little did I know once I started getting in the water I could get them for free
some times you can find craftsmen or artists that make stuff with them - shell wind chimes sell good
few times when I unloaded a bunch on my Gf's blanket - had people offer to buy them - I would just tell
them "come out with me and i'll get you a few"

you can still get them for free, they are all over the place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back