Clearwater Beach is sanded in !

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove two hours to Clearwater Beach yesterday. Ole Irma drug in a ton of sand , shells , and trash ! Only finds in the water were trash. Wet sand gave up a little coinage and junk jewelry. GL+HH ! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505928232.928299.jpg

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update. I wont feel like I'm missing something by not driving down there.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see gold...those baby conch shells go for like $3 and up and a few of the others like $1 and up at places
after a storm years ago - sanded in for hunting - put my machine on blanket - put mask on and shell hunted
filled a 3 gallon bucket with probably over $200 in shells in an hour - I know most hunters I see when I'm down there
don't wear masks - others see these shells as common and wouldn't bother - go check out a few tourist gift shops - and see what they get
for those - you could easily start an on line business - up in New England - only shells worth picking up are huge
quahog shells - I use them to make stuffed clams in - you can bake in them and microwave in them - dishwasher safe - they sell for around
$3-$5 online and are hard to find at cooking stores - if I lived near beaches - Id be collecting those and selling them
I actually have about 100 of them - some days at low tide beaches are covered with them
If I ever make it to retirement and move to Fla. believe me - I'll be doing some shell selling for extra money
One day down there I was finding those baby conchs all over the bottom - I could have easily sold them on the beach for $1 a piece
and made $40 - $50 bucks
I ended up giving a bunch away - people were storming me once they saw I was giving them away and were shocked I didn't want anything for them

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet ! Glad you mentioned that. It was low tide at 6:30 ish when I arrived , and there were really nice shells everywhere ! Much more than usual. Never thought about selling them. Maybe I'll put my Son to work next time collecting a bunch. What's weird is I've never found a shell on that beach with anything living in it. They're always empty. I grab a few each time and add em to my rocks out in front of my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta believe I would be a shell hoarder if those things were laying around where I'm at

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see gold...those baby conch shells go for like $3 and up and a few of the others like $1 and up at places
after a storm years ago - sanded in for hunting - put my machine on blanket - put mask on and shell hunted
filled a 3 gallon bucket with probably over $200 in shells in an hour - I know most hunters I see when I'm down there
don't wear masks - others see these shells as common and wouldn't bother - go check out a few tourist gift shops - and see what they get
for those - you could easily start an on line business - up in New England - only shells worth picking up are huge
quahog shells - I use them to make stuffed clams in - you can bake in them and microwave in them - dishwasher safe - they sell for around
$3-$5 online and are hard to find at cooking stores - if I lived near beaches - Id be collecting those and selling them
I actually have about 100 of them - some days at low tide beaches are covered with them
If I ever make it to retirement and move to Fla. believe me - I'll be doing some shell selling for extra money
One day down there I was finding those baby conchs all over the bottom - I could have easily sold them on the beach for $1 a piece
and made $40 - $50 bucks
I ended up giving a bunch away - people were storming me once they saw I was giving them away and were shocked I didn't want anything for them

Man Casper, I dunno .. on ebay there are hundreds of these things for sale and none selling:
9 Beautiful Medium Battling Conch Shells- Each shell is 3 3/4 to 3 inches-LOOK!

If I could sell these for even $1 a piece I'd be collecting them in buckets, they are literally everywhere.

Hook me up with your customers haha

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen the beach so full of shells you can't find sand to walk on. I believe you could sell them if you have any salesmanship in you. I would set them up near a pier like Clearwater that tourists go to during the season (after the shells are gone from the beach lol) and have a shill help if you have a friend willing to do some dirty work.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out to clearwater beach last night, some clad and one junk ring.

Welcome to T-Net!
I have always wanted to try swingin' & pingin' after a big hurricane.
But I fear that my wheelchair would would get stuck in the sand. :unhappysmiley: ;)

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove two hours to Clearwater Beach yesterday. Ole Irma drug in a ton of sand , shells , and trash ! Only finds in the water were trash. Wet sand gave up a little coinage and junk jewelry. GL+HH ! View attachment 1496334
Clearwater beach is not sanded in , reset your detector. I was there today ,found over $2,and a silver chain. A lot of cookie coins. about 2 feet of sand is gone, next time you go , look at the Pier ,you see how much sand is gone.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearwater beach is not sanded in , reset your detector. I was there today ,found over $2,and a silver chain. A lot of cookie coins. about 2 feet of sand is gone, next time you go , look at the Pier ,you see how much sand is gone.
I saw Rons chain in person...a really nice find...me and Bigmike got lots of coins and fishing weights...Bigmike got a Samsung Galaxy 8 plus.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Casper, I dunno .. on ebay there are hundreds of these things for sale and none selling:
9 Beautiful Medium Battling Conch Shells- Each shell is 3 3/4 to 3 inches-LOOK!

If I could sell these for even $1 a piece I'd be collecting them in buckets, they are literally everywhere.

Hook me up with your customers haha
I don't know how they would feel about it down there - laws and all - but if I lived down there and had young kids or grandkids
would have them walking the beach and selling some of the nicer or big ones for a dollar a piece to tourists - I bet they'd do good

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first times down to Fla. I was buying all kinds of shells from shell stores and gift shops
- little did I know once I started getting in the water I could get them for free
some times you can find craftsmen or artists that make stuff with them - shell wind chimes sell good
few times when I unloaded a bunch on my Gf's blanket - had people offer to buy them - I would just tell
them "come out with me and i'll get you a few"

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can still get them for free, they are all over the place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread