MDing in Thailand?

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
I detected Phuket and pattaya it was alright. It was only borocay in the Philippines where I was asked if I had a permit by the cops. I think they were looking for a bribe. But you got nothing to worry about in Thailand. They may think you odd but that's about it. Where do you think about going to?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just do it, if anyone asks tell them you are donald trump jr

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell people I am looking for mines, I just haven't found any yet lol.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

haha, well I'll bet that you can probably google word combinations for ANY country (except the USA and Britain perhaps) and no doubt find someone, somewhere, who'll claim "illegal". And ... heck ... they might even have dire sounding wording (shipwreck salvor stuff, cultural heritage verbiage) that .... if you asked enough bored bureaucrats, would agree: "that means no md'ing". Or a link to someone who says "no", who got this info by asking border consulates (who in turn passed the question before bored archies, blah blah blah).

So even when/if someone finds something seemingly dire on the country they're about to go to, I would look deeper to see where the info. came from. And if it's based in actual law or rule. And if so, the actual wording. Versus if theyr'e just basing it on an isolated "scram" , or someone's personal whim on an the interpretation of some ancillary verbiage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread