Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this clipped corner belt buckle (my first clip corner) Saturday along with this broken rare spur. The buckle has two solder marks where a bar attachment once was. The spur, I have only been able to find one other on the net with a square hole for the separate spur neck. Any help on the spur would be much appreciated! It is also bent inside out (possible bulldozer years ago). These were found at an old house site near the railroad. The RR was used a lot by Confederates and Yanks. It was used during the evaluation of Corinth by the Rebels and they stay in this area for awhile. I'm excited about these finds, it's been a long dry spell for me!

Clip Corner Spur.jpg Clip corner plate.jpg
clip corner plate 2.jpg spur2.jpg

Upvote 3

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, Welcome to the Treasure Net site. Please post some more finds when you can.

OP
OP
Mississippi Jim

Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You, on both accounts! I went back the next day and found what I think is a belt adjuster. Seems like it's been hunted before (no good coins or bullets yet), but I see me there hunting for awhile lol.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You, on both accounts! I went back the next day and found what I think is a belt adjuster. Seems like it's been hunted before (no good coins or bullets yet), but I see me there hunting for awhile lol.

If they missed that buckle, then there are coins and buttons that were overlooked too. -> Get em!

OP
OP
Mississippi Jim

Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I am thinking, hoping, praying lol Places around here been hit hard. Thankful I have some hope for a change

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions