Club

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put an add in the paper
hang flyers
hope that helps

liftloop

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
Contact the local MD dealers in your area to spread the word. Try to hook up with another club to see if you can use a lot of forms / procedures but put your own twist on them.

Jeff

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Talking to dealers, as Jeff says, is a good idea. Because they tend to know the hobbyists in their area.

But truth-be-told, in this day and age of the internet, brick-&-mortor dealers are becoming a thing of the past. More and more people buy on-line, from the ease and comfort of their home office-desk. I mean, this is no secret to a lot of goods we purchase nowadays, and detectors are no different.

And truth-be-told, clubs too are becoming difficult to gather interest in, in this day and age of the internet and hobbyist forums. In the old days, you had to go to club meetings to "see what people were finding" and to hear the latest buzz on different detectors, and catch all the latest gossip, make friends, show off your stuff, oggle over others find and research, etc.. But ALL that stuff (the need for socializing) is satisfied from the comfort of your arm-chair now. You can read with the click of a button a million different pro's and con's of any md'ing related subject or machine. You can post your stuff to gloat, and read about others stuff, all from your computer. You can see who's in your area by getting on regional specific forums. Some regions have better networking than others though, as some states ... or parts of states, don't seem to have a well-trafficked geographic specific forum. However other states DO have tight-nit websites for md'ing.

So the day & age of detecting clubs is waning. Getting hard to entice people to come to a club, when a lot of that socializing is increasingly done via email penpals, regional forums, etc...

Good luck though.

OP
OP
scbeachdigger

scbeachdigger

Apr 10, 2013
I just want a group that I can go hang with and learn from some experience people. I purchased a AT Pro from Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread