CODEBREAKER COMMENTS ABOUT BEALE CIPHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the War of Northern Aggression it was a common practice for Southern civilians to bury their valuables in iron pots, and many legends arose from this. While this practice was common during that War, was it common during the time of the Beale story, or was this another "borrowed" device to further the believability of the Beale story to the 1885 buying public who would be familiar with a buried iron pot tale.

You must not hunt very much treasure to not know the answer to that question?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
During the War of Northern Aggression it was a common practice for Southern civilians to bury their valuables in iron pots, and many legends arose from this. While this practice was common during that War, was it common during the time of the Beale story, or was this another "borrowed" device to further the believability of the Beale story to the 1885 buying public who would be familiar with a buried iron pot tale.
"Per" the 2nd Year of the CONFEDERATE WAR "theory", I think it was a "borrowed device"; NOTHING of "interest" to me via "Beale Expeditions" of 1817-1822. As the Shenandoah & Roanoke Valleys were being invaded & burned by Hunter, (then SHERMAN in Georgia), there was a "sense" of urgency to "protect". Such does not appear to be true of the Beale Expeditions of 1817-1822.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and we have the April 16, 1879 Lynchburg Virginian news article concerning the discovery of the $65,000 treasure of Robert O Willis of gold, silver, and jewels placed in iron cooking pots and hidden in a Kentucky cave.
Ward's cousin, John William Sherman, was sub-editor of that newspaper and the printer of the job shop pamphlet, and the Willis story is one of many influences that found its way into the Beale story.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can not prove that quote. There were lots of stories like that back in the 1870's and early 1880's. I have a copy of one where over $400,000 in gold, silver and jewelry was found near Gatlinburg, Tennessee in 1881 maybe that influenced the Beale Treasure Story? Really you have got to be kidding?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, can you prove that it did not influence the Beale story?
Even you must realize that the story of gold, silver, jewels in iron pots in a cave that appeared in the newspaper that the cousin of the copyright "agent" and publisher worked is more than just mere happenstance or coincidence.
Most of those codebreakers cited on this thread are taught that there are NO coincidences, only deliberate actions.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even you must realize that the story of gold, silver, jewels in iron pots in a cave that appeared in the newspaper that the cousin of the copyright "agent" and publisher worked is more than just mere happenstance or coincidence.
Most of those codebreakers cited on this thread are taught that there are NO coincidences, only deliberate actions.

Other treasures being in the newspapers only effect the story of the Beale Treasure if the Beale Treasure is a story of fiction. If the Beale Treasure is a true story then there is no effect from other treasure stories all though other treasure stories could be stemmed from the Beale Treasure story being in the newspaper.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

the 1822 story was known by many people and had morphed into many bedtime stories. as i have a friend who stated to me many times before you can see there was a true story line by all the other stories handed down over the years. the 1822 information is what needs to be isolate to find the truth.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is if and only if 1822 information that confirms any portion of the Beale story exists.
So far, none has been produced or found.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Your friend Laf with his grand fret, Legrand, Enigmatist, Franklin, and if you want a fifth, Eldo who has combined all the treasure legends into one.
The point being , young Jack, is that all are very different, with nothing similar, except that the solutions reveal the preconceived expectations of each of the individuals.
All these different versions to "what may prove an illusion".

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Your friend Laf with his grand fret, Legrand, Enigmatist, Franklin, and if you want a fifth, Eldo who has combined all the treasure legends into one.
The point being , young Jack, is that all are very different, with nothing similar, except that the solutions reveal the preconceived expectations of each of the individuals.
All these different versions to "what may prove an illusion".

thanks for the list. but only one could have the correct one eh? so who has an original take on it?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the list. but only one could have the correct one eh? so who has an original take on it?
There are many more that have come before, including the Colorado DJ, Chris Widener, who claimed he had the location solved and led Mel Fisher on a wild Goose Creek dig. Then there was Harry J Feduerle, Daniel Cole, and the lady that solved it with the Bible, and...
It appears young Jack, that none are the correct one.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are others Smith and Jones of History Channel Fame, the Tony Brothers of Unsolved Mysteries Llamar Green of Treasure Magazine Fame, the lady along Goose Creek that is to scare to dig because she may not find anything. The Short man from California that dug on Porter's Mountain for Unsolved Mysteries. The man from Texas that dug up an old car on Goose Creek that lived in his station wagon. And there are hundreds of others that have never went public and there are hundreds of others that keep it secret just to hope some day they may get to come to Montvale to dig for the treasure.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are others Smith and Jones of History Channel Fame, the Tony Brothers of Unsolved Mysteries Llamar Green of Treasure Magazine Fame, the lady along Goose Creek that is to scare to dig because she may not find anything. The Short man from California that dug on Porter's Mountain for Unsolved Mysteries. The man from Texas that dug up an old car on Goose Creek that lived in his station wagon. And there are hundreds of others that have never went public and there are hundreds of others that keep it secret just to hope some day they may get to come to Montvale to dig for the treasure.

you can dig all day long, but if you have not decrypted the cipher you are just wasting your time like the hart brothers. i have seen some of the peoples work on the ciphers. some interesting and some just a joke. one person said the name in the ciphers is beal not beale with an e, that has separated him from all the others that say beale with an e. so why would this person move so far from the others to claim beal's name has no e on the end? he is moving out of the normal group of people that said they decrypted the ciphers by giving us an original look into the ciphers. the nsa papers claim that in viginia there were dead letters for a thomas beal for the exact time in 1817 of beal party startup. mr franklin has stated the other letter in st louis was for a thomas beall with two l's. there were no newspapers for the april 1820 that i could find for the area, but viginia is a solid lead for beal. my class is almost over and summer is coming, but we all think the guy with the beal name is the guy who wrote the ciphers. just our opinion!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can dig all day long, but if you have not decrypted the cipher you are just wasting your time like the hart brothers. i have seen some of the peoples work on the ciphers. some interesting and some just a joke. one person said the name in the ciphers is beal not beale with an e, that has separated him from all the others that say beale with an e. so why would this person move so far from the others to claim beal's name has no e on the end? he is moving out of the normal group of people that said they decrypted the ciphers by giving us an original look into the ciphers. the nsa papers claim that in viginia there were dead letters for a thomas beal for the exact time in 1817 of beal party startup. mr franklin has stated the other letter in st louis was for a thomas beall with two l's. there were no newspapers for the april 1820 that i could find for the area, but viginia is a solid lead for beal. my class is almost over and summer is coming, but we all think the guy with the beal name is the guy who wrote the ciphers. just our opinion!

Why do you think because someone drops an "e" makes it right. I changed and "e" to a "l" same thing. My decipherment is just as correct as your hero is? By the way the man you are talking about has been boasting for two years but yet he has not even dug to see if his treasure is where he says it is. Why? Scared to find out he is wrong. I did find a hole that was 12 to 15 feet in diameter and had been dug to 8 feet deep with wine bottles for celebration in the bottom of the hole. Large iron kettles found down stream and two silver coins dated before 1820 on the opposite bank at a large boulder. So I have found two of the Beale Treasure coins but the Beale Treasure had already been dug up 60 years before I deciphered and found the burial location. Brag, boast all you want to on "Beal" but "Beall" is just as correct because the newspaper you claim does not exist I have had a copy for over 25 years. Do your research do your own work and check out your heros decipherment to see if he is correct or not. My decipherment is copyrighted in 1990 and it is out there for everyone to see and everyone to say yes or no. Because the treasure had been dug up does not make my decipherment any more wrong than your hero. At least I did find two silver coins what has your hero found besides trying to get a $350,000 a year job at NSA. That will never happen because he has done nothing.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YEP! D & R MATTERS (Discovery & Recovery)! As ALREADY found... DIFFICULT to prove except for "f"'s found "pieces". Thinking of the Wright's recovery in the 1930's or so...? Gotta read that "part" again; makes sense, as CSA Sentinel W.T. Wright MAY have told Harry Wright about it... dunno. :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If he found the 12' to 15' hole with large iron pots in a stream (Boone's salt brine pots ?) and two coins dated 1820 (denomination ?), after solving the ciphers, why would he continue to constantly post that he still trying to prove either the Beale story is true or not?
That does cast a shadow of doubt on several posts made that contradict this.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he found the 12 X 15 hole with large iron pots in a stream (Boone's salt brine pots ?) and two coins dated 1820 (denomination ?), after solving the ciphers, why would he continue to constantly post that he still trying to prove either the Beale story is true or not?
That does cast a shadow of doubt on several posts.
Does it not?

You cast several ten foot shadows of doubt yourself without proof of any kind. You are impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread