Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted today in a good spot that I new had bullets with my ATP. Used both coils 5/8 @ 8/11 to see if there was any difference in depth. I found bullets anywhere from 4 to 9 inches with both coils. One coil did not out shine the other for depth . Although the 5/8 is much more comfortable to use and the target separation is great. I think I find more with the small coil because of the target separation. I will probably leave the small coil on from here on out. What is your input? Thanks RN

rexy

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
dana point/laguna niguel
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Ace 250, CEIA CMD PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5x8 inch coil is probably the best coil made for the AT Pro or Gold and in my other thread, I have said I have hit dimes at 11inches and quarters at 13 inches. So it is very deep, and for contaminated areas, it is great.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have read over and over the benefits of 5X8 coil, and I got one as well but....
I tried it for half a lawn, and it seemed like I was getting nowhere fast. The 11 DD coil covers more area, and with the heat down here, I don't want to hunt a small lawn all day. The bigger permissions seem like it would take me a month to hunt it.... I need to be talked off the ledge regarding my impatience I guess.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never took 5x8 off after test run...awsome coil.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I did an air test comparison last year using the different coils on the AT Pro and AT Gold. See below:

Untitled.jpg

TRUEALLMETALMODEVS a.jpg

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
john
we must have similar soil type as your chart is spot on for my atpwith 5x8dd.curious what larger dd would rate.Im a concentric fan and am ordering that 9x12

tonylumps

Greenie
May 16, 2015
newtown square,pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very new to MD.When my Ace 350 showed up at the door the first thing I did was go out back and try it out.With the stock coil that came with it 8.5X11.It sounded like I was walking through a metal scrap yard. So after reading up on coils I decided to try the 5X8 Pro. I went out back again and after 5 Minutes my first hit was a 1939 wheat. It seamed to me everything calmed down a little. So needless to say because I am so new to this I will be switching back and forth with the 2 coils until I feel comfortable that it is not me doing something wrong.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
you got the right idea and have two coils to experiment with. I only have one and after spending so much money i think i better wait a bit to get another.
Wishing you great luck:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions