pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Coin ID's (Cont.)

thats one of the best nj coppers [ if dug ] .......please post a beter pic of it ...........

OP
OP
93vector

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

pinebarrens1 said:
thats one of the best nj coppers [ if dug ] .......please post a beter pic of it ...........

These are non dug

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The first coin, German, Carl Theodor was the Duke of Bavaria. Has several coins with his name on them. I priced them in my book, although I did not see your coin and they sell for a good amount of $$$. Your coin may be a Thaler, minted for a celebration (New Years Eve) that took place on the date of the coin. Reverse translation is something like "By Carl Theodors 50th year celebration jubilee dated 31 Dec 1792 ". The "I" is used for the "J" on this coin. I would think it is worth a nice amount of $$$ but don't really know. His coinage may have had low mintage's since he was just the duke. HH and HNY, Mike

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin

Bavaria Mike said:
The first coin, German, Carl Theodor was the Duke of Bavaria. Has several coins with his name on them. I priced them in my book, although I did not see your coin and they sell for a good amount of $$$. Your coin may be a Thaler, minted for a celebration (New Years Eve) that took place on the date of the coin. Reverse translation is something like "By Carl Theodors 50th year celebration jubilee dated 31 Dec 1792 ". The "I" is used for the "J" on this coin. I would think it is worth a nice amount of $$$ but don't really know. His coinage may have had low mintage's since he was just the duke. HH and HNY, Mike

Was hoping Mike was gonna be around to share what it said!
Thanks Mike
NICE COINS! Even if they are non-dug, gives us better ideas as to what they look like!
Thanks!
Happy New Year
J2

FinderFrank

Sep 28, 2006
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE

Nice coins, The coin w/ the big 20 on it Hoc Signo, big crown , I found one just like it w/ a 40 on it. I found mine at a 1810 home site in Miamisburg Ohio this summer. Hope someone id's this coin as I am curious to what it is also.The only thing I found is I think it is from Venice.

Frank

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

The third coin appears to be a Brazilian 20 reis copper, countermarked c. 1820's-30's. I believe the host coin is a 40 reis.

The fourth coin is a New Jersey (Nova Caesarea) copper.

OP
OP
93vector

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Thank you all for the help, it is greatly appreciated by both of us. Your knowledge is impressive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread