Coin

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that I think about it, buy Rolls of gold dollars. They have real gold and can be traded on Craigslist for an iPad.

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
coincollector13948 said:
Are gold dollars saqaguweas (sorry if spelled wrong) and actually made of gold?

If they were then EVERYONE would get them. They're called gold dollars because of their color.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
MrSchulz said:
Now that I think about it, buy Rolls of gold dollars. They have real gold and can be traded on Craigslist for an iPad.
Then what is he talking about?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...ould-start-picking-up-small-dollar-coins.html

He is also messing with you, because you need to read this.

Solid Rolls said:
Welcome.

There is a thread at the top of this forum.

It is there for YOU to read.

It is titled BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!!

You can't miss it. Well, I guess YOU could miss it. Cause you did.

Read it, front to back, top to bottom, every single post.

You will learn a lot.

All you have to do is read.

Happy Hunting!!

You need to read that. All of the questions you will have to ask are answered in there. Reading is FUN!

Here, I'll even give you the actual link. I'm such a darn nice guy.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html

OP
OP
coincollector13948

coincollector13948

Jul 3, 2012
boristhespider88 said:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/305514-maybe-i-should-start-picking-up-small-dollar-coins.html

He is also messing with you, because you need to read this.

You need to read that. All of the questions you will have to ask are answered in there. Reading is FUN!

Here, I'll even give you the actual link. I'm such a darn nice guy.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/29389-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html

I have read the guide and I was just asking for personal experiences.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just want to see that others have put in their due diligence before we giveinfo on stuff that many have figured out the hard way. I think that's a natural human condition. Based on personal experience, it honestly depends. What size bankroll do you have? how many banks are located closeby, and do any of them have coin counters? Halves are great if you have the resources, both financially and having enough dump banks, dimes are good if you're lower on resources, or maybe even nickels. Do you want to get bulk silver or do you want collectible coins?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read the guide and I was just asking for personal experiences.

You probably should have made note of that in your original post. Just asking something like "What kind to search?" will get you a whole lot of unhelpful posts. You have to be more specific, because newb questions are asked by the truckload everyday, so most people aren't very friendly when something like "What do I search?" is asked. I apologize for my snarky, unhelpful post, but since you have a legitimate question, I will answer you.

It really depends on your area. I have good luck hunting nickels and pennies, because silver dimes and halves are dead where I live. Others have tons of luck finding silver halves and dimes, I do not. Don't waste your time with quarters. Big Dollar coins are okay, because some of them are silver (most Eisenhower dollars are not; Eisenhower's were minted 1971-1978). Gold dollars are a joke, so don't fool with them either.

If you are looking to stockpile copper, pennies are where it's at.

If you are looking to stockpile silver, then dimes/halves/quarters/nickels are where it's at. As I said, I hunt nickels, which is fun to me. There are silver ones to be found, and you can usually find at least one silver nickel per box.

E

euler1977

I would go with the presidential dollars. That is the best thing to happen to world coinage since the state quarters!

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part it seems that silver volume is the principal goal. But there are those searching pennies that are looking for rarities. Following up to cc13948's question with another noob question, what is the single most valuable coin that each of you veterans has pulled from CRH and how much was it worth?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread