Coincidence or Purposed ? Check this famous rock

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly, treasures have been found via the "treasure symbols method". But those that found them will not "show & tell them", because they fear the IRS. Right ? So no proof-need-be-forthcoming. The results can never be viewed. But rest assured it's totally sea-worthy. Right ?

Right. So it's not that you haven't found treasure . Right? It's just that you wouldn't show it off.

Oddly, md'rs "founds" forum have NO SHORTAGE of show & tell. Yes .... even valuable ones. But rest assured you (and those that subscribe to treasure-symbols ) have definately found them. They just don't show them. For fear of the IRS and thieves. Right ? Not sure why the md'ing crowd doesn't fear the same things. But I can guess the reason is: that you've found "big game". Not "small game" fumble fingers losses. Right ? But we can rest assured that they've been found via treasure-trail-symbols @ un-canny rocks. But there will never be any examples. D/t the pesky big-bad IRS. Right ? I understand.

"Close minded". The go-to name-call when you can't answer a logical challenge. Right ? Doesn't deal with the critical analysis. And .... oddly ... works both ways. What I mean is, so too can those that are skeptical (don't believe in your methods) likewise call you "close-minded" for failing to believe in their methods too. In other words, you are no less "close-minded" as someone else. EVERYONE has their "point of view" . Truth, by definition IS "close-minded".

This is the obligatory "go to" statement by those espousing un-conventional means of TH'ing. When they can't substantiate it via logic, they will invariably go to the "scientists once thought the earth was flat" argument. It will justify ANYTHING. In other words, no theory (no matter how insane, impossible, lacking logic, or non-scientific) must be deemed "true". Why ? Because "science once thought the earth was flat.

Example: I can use the same line of reasoning to justify a tennis shoe covered with peanut butter, as a treasure finding devise/method. If you dare say "that's silly, it won't work". All I have to say to you is: "Science once thought the earth was flat". Get it?

I appreciate the degree of logic, and the amount of effort and patience you put into this thread. It is an interesting study into a fascinating and puzzling fixation.

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... an interesting study into a fascinating and puzzling fixation.

When you say: "interesting study", do you mean "interesting study" of those people that derive such landscape clues ?

Or "interesting study" into those people that call them random coincidences ?

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you say: "interesting study", do you mean "interesting study" of those people that derive such landscape clues ?

Or "interesting study" into those people that call them random coincidences ?

The former. The fixation I mentioned is the insistence that these clues actually exist. There is often a certainty in the correctness of certain beliefs that simply does not permit logic, or the discriminating faculty of the mind, to overturn that certainty. No matter what logic is brought to bear to point out the coincidental nature of certain features, that logic will always fall on deaf ears due to a certainty of a position that really cannot be defended. There is an unshakable belief system involved. For instance, people who subscribe to the theory that the Earth is flat will broach no opposition. They will simply join the Flat Earth Society and ignore all evidence that does not support their belief. Not that there's anything wrong with that, many times, but presenting opposing arguments can be another way of talking to a wall....

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The former. The fixation I mentioned is the insistence that these clues actually exist. There is often a certainty in the correctness of certain beliefs that simply does not permit logic, ...

ok, now I understand . Thanx. I too am fascinated with the thinking process of those that subscribe to such thing (and coat hangers, etc....)

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
He's watching you ...

DSCN0228.JPG

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
He's watching you ...

That's quite an uncanny tree formation there you got Chadeaux ! Looks like the face of a hippo. Or fire-breathing dragon.

Ok: Is that "purposed" or is it "coincidence" ? We have some faithful folk on this forum section who have gone on record as saying "there are no coincidences". So we'll ask them too: Random ? Or Purposed ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is a burl ... and the visual changes as you move.

I do a bit of photography, and like to look for unusual shapes. I originally saw this one while speaking with my wife at the local park. All images use light and shadow, and sometimes they work together to give you something neat, sometimes they don't.

I would say it is coincidence, as opposed to the image of Albert Pike about 12 feet off the ground overlooking what "appears" to be an Indian graveyard. Choctaw burials (according to an old Choctaw friend who passed some 20 years ago) were made by just covering you and whatever you had with dirt until it was a small mound. Several of these where Mr. Pike is looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread