Colonial site finally gives up some silver...Seated Liberty style CC.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the colonial site today. I hunted a few more areas that I thought would be unproductive but I want to hunt everywhere possible just in case I come across another hot spot. First find of the day was a penny. Of course I thought it would be an IH but alas just a 1939 wheat penny. Soon thereafter I hit a flat button. After that the finds started getting thin. I wrapped up the first 2 hours of the hunt with a small broken object that I think is a buckle and a lead fishing sinker. I also picked up one more wheat penny. (1934) At this point my junk pouch was alot more full than my treasure pouch so I decided to take a water break. The water was in my car so I hopped on the 4 wheeler and headed for the car. Here is a picture of the path that leads from the farm field to where I park my car.
IMG_0844.jpg

I moved to another part of the field for my second excursion. My finds here consisted of a few bullets and a semi squashed musket ball (looks kind of like a rock because its not round) Its the one above the orange whistle in this picture. The orange whistle was an eyeball find.
IMG_0853.JPG

After this excursion I had lunch. Then I headed back out for mini hunt #3. I picked up a nice flat button here. This is the only flat button I've found here that actually has something on the front. Its not completely clean but here is a picture. i will post a cleaned up picture later. If anyone recognizes it and may be able to ID it, I would appreciate any help.
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG
Soon after this button I picked up a small flat button that still has the back attached. Here is a picture of that button along with the first flat button I found today.
IMG_0852.JPG

After that I began to hit a string of beer cans that were registering as dime/quarter hits on my DFX. Must be a place where kids hang out and drink. It's a very secluded area here so I can see why. Just to be sure i was digging everything. After about 3 or 4 beer cans I hit an identical signal and thought "another beer can" Depth indication was a half inch. Just as I'm getting ready to jam the shovel into the ground I see a round shape. Its a little muddy so i pick it up and pour some of my water on it. Staring back at me is the obverse of a seated liberty dime. It occurred to me that I didn't take a picture of the coin before I picked it up so i put it back where it was and snapped a couple of pictures.
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0846.JPG

Here are the wheats and dime......
IMG_0849.JPG

Better pics of the dime.....
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG

Here is one of the bullets i found. Does anyone have an age estimate on this one. It's the first one like this I've found here.
IMG_0854.JPG

Thanks alot for looking.

Upvote 0

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Great Seated dime and Great buttons!!

That's one of the 2 best Seated dimes I've seen here, and it's a CC to boot.

What a hunt for you!

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admiral de Salee said:
Great Seated dime and Great buttons!!

That's one of the 2 best Seated dimes I've seen here, and it's a CC to boot.

What a hunt for you!
Thanks Admiral. I was pumped when i found it. I'm very pleased with the condition but the front seems to be a little better that the back. The CC definitely made me do a double take. Unusual dig for New York.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Colonial site finally gives up some silver...Seated Liberty style.

Gribnitz said:
That's a War of 1812 Artillery button. Nice find !

yep, i love those buttons!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread