CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may or may not is the question, if it was I think you would see other signs that could tell you one from the other.From the ones I have seen there carved expertly!

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may or may not is the question, if it was I think you would see other signs that could tell you one from the other.From the ones I have seen there carved expertly!

Have you seen the arrow pointing from the "GREAT ROSE?"

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not confused, sure not sure about you
Don't need no help, sure not sure about you
Franklin's got you all singing
The treasure talking tree blues

*NOTE* Key of E Standard 12bar blues progression
Hound Dogs howling DA BLUES!

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ain't nothing but a bunch of hound dogs , with our nose to the ground! LOL I do believe that the beech tree is telling us a story, and I personally believe that a treasure is nearby! I also believe these other trees Franklin has spoken about there are treasures located there also! The masons didn't make these carvings for no reason!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

If you get a chance to inspect other beech trees carvings , don't hesitate.

School playgrounds and public parks in my youth had many.
Those with dates were most telling of the time it took for varied depths of cut to scar. Then expand. With some hard to tell what they started as.

Estimating age by height is an interesting contention.
Some folks insist certain trees are growing outward vs upward after a time. I'll ague trees often continue to grow upwards , at a slower rate as they age till disease or injury reduces their vigor.
And too, some species top out at average heights. Region and clime can be expected to factor.

Where limbs allow , a high carving could have been carved from a perch on a limb.
But bark healing/scarring can be more telling with study. The more by locale , the better potential for accuracy.

How old your carvings are is interesting.
How you determine age is important.

I'm not making any claims to the carvings you refer to as to their age.
Yet real old ones don't often hint of expertise after being grown over.

There are some oldies on other species too. With their creators and subjects giving clues to time of origins, (no , not treasure related unfortunately , but treasures kind of for history's sake. But of people from a known nationality and profession in a remote area.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...The masons didn't make these carvings for no reason!
...and you have absolute evidence that Freemasons carved these trees?
It has yet to be determined that these carvings lead to great caches of treasures, or that the KGC were involved in creating these caches, or that they had the gold for all these claimed caches and depositories beyond the imagined speculation of various authors of treasure stories.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We ain't nothing but a bunch of hound dogs , with our nose to the ground! LOL I do believe that the beech tree is telling us a story, and I personally believe that a treasure is nearby! I also believe these other trees Franklin has spoken about there are treasures located there also! The masons didn't make these carvings for no reason!
Masons...? :dontknow:

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same people that dressed as indians at the Boston tea party! After disposing of the tea, the supposedly Indians, ran into a lodge close by. Were they masons ! LOL There were masons everywhere in Danville in 1850. There many fraternal organizations in the area. Who would have carved the pyramid rock or Egypt brick or even the beech tree. Only a freemason could do this.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same people that dressed as indians at the Boston tea party! After disposing of the tea, the supposedly Indians, ran into a lodge close by. Were they masons ! LOL There were masons everywhere in Danville in 1850. There many fraternal organizations in the area. Who would have carved the pyramid rock or Egypt brick or even the beech tree. Only a freemason could do this.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The average beech tree is generally 55 to 60feet tall. I does growing girth more than height. As far as the age of the tree, we used the formula circumference (inches)÷pi 3.14 multiplied by 6. There are carvings that are higher are symbols also. The letter D is not a part of the carving!
Some guy that worked at the cemetery did! See how sloppy that is?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The average beech tree is generally 55 to 60feet tall. I does growing girth more than height. As far as the age of the tree, we used the formula circumference (inches)÷pi 3.14 multiplied by 6. There are carvings that are higher are symbols also. The letter D is not a part of the carving!
Some guy that worked at the cemetery did! See how sloppy that is?

Now...How much did a given tree grow (expanding it's circumference as it aged) since the carvings were made?
50 years? 100 years?
Like a tattoo on skin , and a beech's bark is a good example of a bark skin, some can be a wee bit different looking with time and changing growth +_.. Barbed wire becomes picket fence , or vice versa. L.o.l.

Expanded results of faint discolored slightly roughened and slightly darkened bark are the oldest I've observed.
Far from fresh carvings with attendant detail.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a Freeman tell you this or did you read it somewhere?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Who would have carved the pyramid rock or Egypt brick or even the beech tree.
Only a freemason could do this.
Are you sure that ONLY a Freemason could do this?
Anyone with tools or a knife could do it, from a prankster, hoaxer, to a bored teenager with an active mind and too much time on his hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions