CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I read about this story. That's a funny story. I can't really tell when it was carved. But 155 years approximately or at the end of the civil war or later. I don't actually believe a youngster, because it is expertly carved. It looks like some kind of wood working tool was used! But I could be wrong?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The same people that dressed as indians at the Boston tea party! After disposing of the tea, the supposedly Indians, ran into a lodge close by. Were they masons ! LOL There were masons everywhere in Danville in 1850. There many fraternal organizations in the area. Who would have carved the pyramid rock or Egypt brick or even the beech tree. Only a freemason could do this.
Nah, the "Indians" retired to a "Drinking Place"... SONS OF LIBERTY were the "Indians".

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
They were SONS OF LIBERTY; SECRET group; Patrick Henry was a member from Virginia

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not confusing to me. I understand Rebel quite clearly. You just have to be "one" with all things.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were all masons. Also at the beech tree other than a carving, it looks like some kind of template used. It looks like faces and railroad tracks. Only a freemason would have these tools.By the way you have to look closely.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The carpenters would have access to all kinds of tools, as they were freemasons also. Do you think that you can make that carving with a pocket knife?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The carpenters would have access to all kinds of tools, as they were freemasons also. Do you think that you can make that carving with a pocket knife?

The carvings amazed me in wonderment as to how they could do it so perfectly. In a two inch square space they had how deep the treasure was buried. What was the amount of treasure, what the treasure was contained in along with the distance and compass reading. Also how did it remain intact for over 155 years? They had a snake carved on one of the upper limbs that was so life like that it looked alive. On that snake was the number of the grave three times along with 58 treasures carved along the snake's back and out of the snake's mouth again was the number of the grave. Those "faces" as you call them are called "pumpkin" or "pie" faces" they look like a round scar and the information is carved inside of them. One of the pie faces tells where the Mexican Silver Dollars are, the amount, the distance and the compass reading along with the name of the Captain involved with the "Large Mexican Cache."

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were stonemasons, from the ton of rocks that cover the supposedly treasure site, cut them and hauled to the treasure site,close by. To the pyramid looking rock, to the Egypt brick and capstone, I think that it was a stonemason
and not a speculative mason, but I could be wrong? Thanks Franklin for all that interesting material. The carving is there for a reason!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
China?
arboretum_snowshoeing 110.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions