OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Does anybody have a current email for Diver Lynn? If so, could you pm me.
Aquanut

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey John
You have my email, Send me that poster, I'll laminate a bunch.
Will post some in Fort Pierce on a few poles

Last edited:

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Mad4wrecks,
I took care of the room today, It is in my name. Virginia knows it is for you and Ms. Monica waiting on your arrival November 3rd to come there and rest up..
Right up next to the pavilion..
Daryl Freeman

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John, I copied the poster on facebook, as many have I have seen, and it will go out far. A bunch of us from the West coast are coming.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
That's great Steve. I'm puzzled though at the seemingly lack of posts here on T'net. When I have the free cookouts I get all kinds of response. I had between 125 and 150 people show at the last one and about 4 to 5 thousand hits. It has doubled in size every year. I just don't know how to figure this one out. One thing is for sure... the old crowd always makes it!
Aquanut

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John, ARRG's posts are private as some other private groups are. Pretty much 100% of ARRG is coming-which Tom is a member, so we wont miss it. We all have worked with Tom, and feel like he is a brother. We have been working on coming and planning behind the scenes. I am sure that many have seen it and i hope are coming, plus the many that have seen the poster and arent on here. I know some who are coming that arent on here, or any other forum.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Again, I am overwhelmed by all the support, love, prayers and donations sent my way.

John Redman, there is a large group of pirates ("pirateheads" on Facebook) a social/charitable group out of Palm Beach, Martin, St Luice and Indian River Counties. They will be having a Pirate's Fest that same weekend, just a few miles away at Captain Hirams. Some of their members may attend the cookout and Capt. Johnny Ringo is soliciting donations from that group. I hope to get a package out to you this week that includes an original "MO Divers" t-shirt, 1715 musketballs and small ballast stones and some 1733 fleet pottery shards to auction/raffle off.

Daryl, thank you for the room. Please email me at [email protected] with the details. I have so much going on right now that I know I will forget. Include your phone number.

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I have my surgery this coming Monday, Oct. 15th, followed by 5-7 days in the hospital. Then 6-8 weeks at home recovering. Chemo starts about 6 weeks after the surgery. I think I can be "wheeled in" on Nov 3rd.

Again, I am overwhelmed by all the support, love, prayers and donations sent my way.

John Redman, there is a large group of pirates ("pirateheads" on Facebook) a social/charitable group out of Palm Beach, Martin, St Luice and Indian River Counties. They will be having a Pirate's Fest that same weekend, just a few miles away at Captain Hirams. Some of their members may attend the cookout and Capt. Johnny Ringo is soliciting donations from that group. I hope to get a package out to you this week that includes an original "MO Divers" t-shirt, 1715 musketballs and small ballast stones and some 1733 fleet pottery shards to auction/raffle off.

Daryl, thank you for the room. Please email me at [email protected] with the details. I have so much going on right now that I know I will forget. Include your phone number.

Tom

Hey Tom,
Looks like you've got a lot on your plate! I'm heading to Sebastian and Vero where I'll meet with Daryl to post flyers either tomorrow or Friday. The pirates fest sounds interesting. I told Deb the other day I was going to see if there were any events in Sebastion that we could steal people from! LOL
. Be talkin' to ya!
John

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

Johnny~
I'm confused on this one??? Is this a competing/complimenting/coinciding gig or what?? PirateHeads,Pirates Fest @ Capt. Hirams on the SAME weekend...WTF??? Where are the PirateHead folks here on TN??? I don't do the Facebook gig as I don't need to be leaving contrails for people 40 yrs. ago...I fly under the radar, so be it...I guess somebody needs to find out where the loyalties lie here, as I feel we're playing second fiddle here on the TN effort, hence the low response vs. TH Cookout...Standing down on commitments pending clarification.

Santini~

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Johnny~
I'm confused on this one??? Is this a competing/complimenting/coinciding gig or what?? PirateHeads,Pirates Fest @ Capt. Hirams on the SAME weekend...WTF??? Where are the PirateHead folks here on TN??? I don't do the Facebook gig as I don't need to be leaving contrails for people 40 yrs. ago...I fly under the radar, so be it...I guess somebody needs to find out where the loyalties lie here, as I feel we're playing second fiddle here on the TN effort, hence the low response vs. TH Cookout...Standing down on commitments pending clarification.

Santini~

Hey Santini, I didn't know about the Pirates Fest thing. It has nothing to do with us actually. Whoever they are and what they are doing I have no idea but they may just help our effort. I never even heard of them. As far as I know, they are not in any way associated with Treasure Hunting. And as far as response goes, I'm getting good responses from other forums and groups. I also have treasure hunters and friends coming that don't get on the forums. On the one we had last Spring I had at least 50 people show that I had no idea were coming. My concern is that right at the end I'll get overwhelmed, so don't worry!
This Cookout/Benefit WILL happen! If you have any more concerns, let me know.
Aquanut

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The event with the Pirateheads is in no way associated with this benefit as John mentioned. They just happen to be holding a social event at Capt. Hirams that same weekend. As Capt. Hirams is just a few miles away from where we will be, I invited them to attend.The Pirateheads are a social group.

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,Don't know you personally but feel I do.good luck and hope to see you at the benefit. Hang in there Brother. Mike

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Santini,
This from a local down in the Sebastion area.... "I believe the Pirate thing @ Hirams is an entertainment/weekend party w/ a Party Boat and 'actors' for tourism to boost bookings,etc."
John

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, barring any unforeseen circumstances Trudy and I will be there. I've booked a room at the Pennwood for Friday & Saturday.

Let me what I can do to help? Dell

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John,
I got to a few places Tuesday..I vastly underestimated how many posters would be needed but got to:
Vero's Voice, the surf shop @ Wabasso, several convenience stores, Outrigger's in Little Hollywood Marina, Deep Six Dive in Vero, West Marine in Vero Seacoast Bank and various retail places along 512.
Going North to Melbourne tomorrow morning (to look at a lathe) with 50 more. They print up really nice on off white cover stock. Great design - has received several compliments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread