Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

davespen

Sep 16, 2009
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030; Etrac w/SEF; Explorer II & SE Pro w/SEF; Excal (NY Gold Sword, I & II) w/WOT, SEF, 10", 8"; Sovereign GT w/SEF; SD-2200
Whites Surf PI DF / PI Pro; BH 300; MXT Pro;
Garrett Dual B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

davespen

Sep 16, 2009
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030; Etrac w/SEF; Explorer II & SE Pro w/SEF; Excal (NY Gold Sword, I & II) w/WOT, SEF, 10", 8"; Sovereign GT w/SEF; SD-2200
Whites Surf PI DF / PI Pro; BH 300; MXT Pro;
Garrett Dual B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Count me in with wife and brother

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Putting this up for auction or raffle.
EastIndiaCoShips1.jpg

Colored Aquatint Engraved Print

Artist: Duncan, Edward (1803-82), after Huggins, William John (1781-1845)
Brief Description: 'The Honourable East India Company's ship 'Inglis'...In company with HM Frigate 'Ariadne' and the HC Ships, 'Windsor', 'Waterloo', 'Scaleby Castle', 'General Kyd', 'Farquharson' & 'Lowther Castle''. Engraving by E Duncan after W J Huggins, 1832.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Aquatint

theseeker, Thought I'd bump it up a little in Photoshop. Thanks. This will make a nice addition.
Aquanut

Attachments

• EastIndiaCoShips1.jpeg
    EastIndiaCoShips1.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 114

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Aquanut, thanks ! The pic definitely looks better now. I will try to shoot a very clean image of the engraving again. I have other items as well to auction or raffle. Should we be sending the pics and descriptions to you so they can be cataloged, or should we just post them here with descriptions?

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquanut, thanks ! The pic definitely looks better now. I will try to shoot a very clean image of the engraving again. I have other items as well to auction or raffle. Should we be sending the pics and descriptions to you so they can be cataloged, or should we just post them here with descriptions?

I can pull images and descriptions off here for cataloging. No problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Stuff

I talked to Taffi Fisher today. She's going to donate a 1715 plate fleet or Atocha 8 Reale cob coin to be auctioned off at the benefit. Also she will be there for a short time to visit. Also, Elle has sent me her last copy of her book "The Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet" that will also be available! This may go on auction or in the raffle! I will also offer 3 rice bowls dated around 900 AD from the Vietnam wreck of the Tang Dynasty era which I got from Treasure Huntin' Tom. Additionally, I'll put up for auction, out of my personal collection, an original Tairona Indian Pre-Colombian Tumbaga figurine of unknown age to generate interest. I'll post pictures of my stuff and Elle's book next week when I get back from the Keys. BTW, Elle is also known as Laura Strolia, a wonderful researcher, so you don't want to miss what she has to say!
Aquanut

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Johnny,

In support of Tom's fight with cancer, Global Marine Exploration would like donate the following for the raffle:

3 copper spoons from the wreck of the "Felix" (1821) near Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
2 sets of 5 venetian glass trade beads - From a wreck in the southwest Dominican Republic - circa 1540
3 Spikes from an unknown wreck in the Southwest Dominican Republic

We hope to have some more goodies to add soon, but this is a good start. Each artifact will have a certificate of authenticity.

Jason

Attachments

• donations.jpg
    donations.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 109
  • COA_small.jpg
    COA_small.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
That's great Jason!

My computer will be unavailable until Tuesday, so I'll be out of touch except for my phone. I will try to keep up with events on Deb's smart phone. Mine is a dumb phone.
Aquanut

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I got a call from a nice guy named Lenny up in Ontario,Canada. He's going to pass the hat at the next meeting of his metal detecting club and send a donation down.
We're International!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Daniel Sedwick

Dan sent me two books today to be used as a raffle item or to be auctioned off for Tom's benefit. One is a signed copy of his Fourth Edition " The Practical Book of Cobs". The other is a signed copy of "The Tumbaga Saga" Treasure of the Conquistadors by Augustin "Augi" Garcia Barneche.
Thank you Dan!
Aquanut John

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all
Been in contact with Tom G. today.
He says surgery appears to be successful, He should be discharged in a day or two..
But the pathology report hasn't come back yet. And chemo starts in 6 weeks.
So any letters or cards needs to be sent to his address:
Tom Gidus
11665 Ficus ST.

Unit D
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33410
Let's all keep the prayers and positive thoughts heading his way. This is when he really needs it.
He ain't Heavy, He's our Brother.
Daryl Freeman

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daryl, Thanks for the info,will get a card out ASAP. I know he can use them.Mike

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We are getting some amazing donations for Tom. You guys are awesome. Let's all remember to promote the auction and picnic to folks that don't normally attend.
The more attendees/bidders at the auction, the higher the net revenue to go to the cause.

Last edited:

gatordon

Oct 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very new to this group, would like to meet other and this seem like a very good time to add my support. My girlfriend and I will be coming. PS, when does it start, driving from Gainesville

twiprod001

Jun 21, 2011
Florida
Hi John,

I have forwarded the cookout flyer to all our club members. (89) I will be rounding up as many of them as I can for the Nov 3rd event. I'm also forwarding the flyer to all of my contacts. I wanted to also mention "Clad for Cancer". Maybe all in attendance can donate all the clad coins they have found in the last month for Tom. That could really add up quick.

See you Nov 3rd
Bernie
St Lucie Treasure Hunters Club.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm bringing the ENTERTAINMENT.

MARK DeLEON, is a world class entertainer from the Bahamas. His mastery of the Steel Drums is second to none. Island music will be the theme, but there will be music for all tastes.

Mark, is an avid free diver and spear fisherman and knows the under water realm as well as any of us. He will be accompanied by his wife Debbie, his daughter & his son. He is looking forward to this event and meeting all of you. Dell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread