Coppa Delivery Guy Strikes a Colonial Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
To the Forum: :thumbsup:

Hey, guys, what's up? Let me tell you, I had the fever super bad yesterday, so I decided to give treasure hunting a try. My uncle's Spanish wilver piece from Sunday had me in the Colonial mindset, so I decided to hit a site that produced some Colonial relics last Friday. Guess where I was heading, folks? Yup, yup (imitating John Walter) :tongue3: :D, I was going to try my luck, or skill, at the "Old Colonial Road" site. :wink: :thumbsup:

With my gear packed in, I had the usual KirkPA coppa-seeking-like smile on my jib. ;D :icon_pirat: Folks, my Colonial mind was a wonderin'! :D For the 20 minute trip to the site, I was focusing on how life was like in Colonial times. :icon_jokercolor: :tongue3: After about 5 minutes of this musing, I felt, not literally, like a Colonial dude who lived back in 1774. :tongue3: :D Through my mind, I played out a Colonial scene. :D

One scene...the year is 1774:

As the sun awoke from its nightly slumber, its rays graced their presence across my brow. :D At this moment in Time - I aroused my spirits with a little sip of the great awakener...a cup of tea. :P :tongue3: After I dranketh this brew, my attire was soon firmly pressed against my Colonial skin. :D :D As I walked out the dooreth, the sun blinded me, so being kind of an oaf, I tripped down the Colonial steps and tumbled across the yard. :D ;D After checking my Colonial clothing for damage, I did notice that a but-tin broketh off of my overcoat. :tongue3:

As the broked Colonial but-tin settles on the soil, I sauntered my way to my usual work area. :tongue3: :tard: :D I had to till my ancient soil, indeed. With my tools in hand, I started to churn the ground. :thumbsup: After turning the ground for about 13 hours, my arms finally started to weaken. That was when, with my coin pouch on my person, I fell over in exhaustion...losing a coin. :headbang:

Not knowing I lost the coin, because I would have hunted for it for hours, if I had known, I decided to go in for the night. With bread on the Colonial table, I woofed down a whole loaf and consumed a whole pint of dirty river water. :D

Now'eth, to my bed for a slumber... :icon_study: :tongue3:

Back to 2008:

I was at the site of the dwelling and my detector was juiced up...ready for some analog sweeping, baby! I started out in the area of the iron patch and worked it like a pro. After about 10 minutes, I had a nice button and a dropped musketball. Then, 30 minutes into my hunt, I was detecting where I visualized the barn would have been located, when I received a nice "P" on "Penny" hit. Knowing that this is a good sig, I pinpointed the target at a depth of 2.5" and like John Walter would have done, I dug the doyt (dirt) out...a GREEN disc, baby! I picked it up and yelled out, "Coppa!" Oops, no one was here to congratulate me on my find. The coppa turned out to be a King George II coppa! Yeah, BABY! The coin is at least a mid-1700s coppa! :thumbsup:

I was pumped up, dudes! I worked the area hard then and was greeted some numerous flat buttons. The wilver plated one had me pumped...I thought it was Spanish wilver at 1st, but then saw that it was a button (you should have heard the word I blurted out)! :D ;D

Folks, this small dwelling has treated me well. I found numerous artifacts at this site and the coppa just put the icing on the caaaaake! Folks, my Colonial blood has been warmed, not with a heater, but with a King George coppa! :tongue3: :D

Keep the passion high! :icon_queen:

Kirk

P.S. The coppa is barely identifiable, but if you look closely, you will see the bust facing left. ;D It ain't about the condition of the coin, it's about the history! :wink: :)

coppa001-1.jpg

Upvote 0

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Kirk,
That looks just like my pile from Sun. except I got 4 more clays and a GREAT silver thimble, Keep on huntin bro.Nows the time.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, Kirk, good to see your da'tecting passion so high. :headbang: I know your uncle's wilver inspired you to get out there and find something oooold.

Congrats on your second Coppa!! Gotta be more hiding for sure.

Good luck on Sunday, my friend from PA.

CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Hey, Kirk, good to see your da'tecting passion so high. :headbang: I know your uncle's wilver inspired you to get out there and find something oooold.

Congrats on your second Coppa!! Gotta be more hiding for sure.

Good luck on Sunday, my friend from PA.

CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan, it is nice to hear from you, man! You were correct, my uncle, Colonial Silver Zeus, inspired me with the Colonial fever! I already have a feeling that this year is going to be great! I just enjoy holding that 250 year old treasure in my hand. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that there probably are a couple more coppas in this area. My goal next time is to work the fringe areas where a work area could have been. :wink: :thumbsup: I can't wait for the farmer to plow this area! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Dan, keep your passion at a high, my friend from SoCal! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. There's the colonial I ordered but what about the coronet cent? I might have to start taking my business elsewhere. :tongue3: ;D :laughing7: :laughing7:

That story was very entertaining. You have a way with words. Congrats on the cuh-lone-neel coppa. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've found a few of those silver plated buttons too. Kind of a letdown if you're in a Spanish silver kind of mindset. :BangHead: But still a very good historical recovery! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
OK. There's the colonial I ordered but what about the coronet cent? I might have to start taking my business elsewhere. :tongue3: ;D :laughing7: :laughing7:

That story was very entertaining. You have a way with words. Congrats on the cuh-lone-neel coppa. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've found a few of those silver plated buttons too. Kind of a letdown if you're in a Spanish silver kind of mindset. :BangHead: But still a very good historical recovery! :thumbsup:

Rob,

Yo, man, what's up? Oops, I forgot to deliver your Coronet cent. :D

Dude, your NJ coppa is still getting me pumped! :thumbsup:

The wilver plated buttons kind of irritate me. I thought for sure, when I saw it in the dirt, that is was a half real. :'( :wink: :D ;D

Kirk

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Kirkie Jerkie :D, you rock... in a metal datecting sense. OOOF :D ;D :icon_sunny: :coffee2: :icon_king:

I have never seen anyone walk into a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper massive field and find an iron patch. You are the king at identifying them ancient work areas, and finding a way to work them with John "Johnny" Walter passion. :director: :occasion15: :occasion14: You are somewhat of a great hunter. OOOOOF

Let's go baaaaaaaaaaaack to that half real site and listen, kind of like John Walter would do, for them whispers. Yup, yup, the whispers, uttster. :icon_queen: :icon_sunny: :icon_study: :coffee2: :occasion13:

Lemony Snicket :D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
zoyboy said:
Kirkie Jerkie :D, you rock... in a metal datecting sense. OOOF :D ;D :icon_sunny: :coffee2: :icon_king:

I have never seen anyone walk into a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper massive field and find an iron patch. You are the king at identifying them ancient work areas, and finding a way to work them with John "Johnny" Walter passion. :director: :occasion15: :occasion14: You are somewhat of a great hunter. OOOOOF

Let's go baaaaaaaaaaaack to that half real site and listen, kind of like John Walter would do, for them whispers. Yup, yup, the whispers, uttster. :icon_queen: :icon_sunny: :icon_study: :coffee2: :occasion13:

Zoyboy,

I walked through that field, acting like John Walter the entire time. :icon_sunny: His voice kept going through my metal detecting mind, "Pottery and glass. Non-glazed 1700s. 200 year old coins. Go allllll year." :D He is our inspiration, so we must stay true to our style.

We must go baaaaaaaack! OOOOOOF :D

Kirk

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KirkPA said:
zoyboy said:

Zoyboy,

I walked through that field, acting like John Walter the entire time. :icon_sunny: His voice kept going through my metal detecting mind, "Pottery and glass. Non-glazed 1700s. 200 year old coins. Go allllll year." :D He is our inspiration, so we must stay true to our style.

We must go baaaaaaaack! OOOOOOF :D

Kirk

Amen to that...whole John "Johnny" Walter style. We muuuuuuuuuuuust stay true, uttster, we must...for a lifetime. :icon_sunny: :icon_queen: :coffee2:

Lemony

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Lemony,

If we don't stay true to coppas, we will quit detecting. :D I can only hunt for super ancient coins! :D

John would agree. :D

Kirk :D

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
KirkPA said:
Lemony,

If we don't stay true to coppas, we will quit detecting. :D I can only hunt for super ancient coins! :D

John would agree. :D

Kirk :D
Yup Kirk you are right dude......Johnny Walter actually told me that he is not interested in Mercs and Barbers...He told me that he seeks the COLONIALS. He is quite an inspiration. We have adopted his passion for the oldies but goodies.
Uncle Zeus

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
You are off the wall!!!! or maybe you meds. LOL :tongue3: :tongue3:

nice story KP and finds

HH DDEII

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YO KIRK, SWEET JOB ON THE COPPA MY MAN.........GOOD LOOKING BUTTONS ALSO.
YOUR UNCLE SURE HIT NICE OVER THE WEEKEND......I`M HAPPY FOR THAT RECOVERY, AND YOUR COPPA.............NO BRO, YOU KEEP THE PASSION HIGH.....
PACOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding collection there Kirk!!

I think your passion and detecting prowess
will be at it's peak this weekend. . . it's time for some more coppa's!

May luck also play a part in your quest,
watercolor

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting