Copper bowl found. Native American symbol?

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy all,

I found this in an area with both NA's and Spanish relics, but I can't seem to figure out which one this might be. I can find no other symbols to match this one, although I guess I haven't really looked that hard.

Anyway, thoughts?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks in advance,

TBD

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
Well... I guess I better come clean, so to speak. "I" am not the finder of this artifact, but I didn't want to sound like the guy who finds something and then says, "My grandpa gave it to me...", and I didn't want to explain the story behind the artifact. Sorry for lack of disclosure -- I didn't think it would change anything.

Anyhow, this item was found thirty years ago and has been kicking around my coworkers garage. He cleaned it when he got it, couldn't find anything interesting about it, so it ended up being a pet water bowl, etc. When I told him I'd like to see it, he cleaned it up and brought it in.

It was found in NE Utah, and it was on the surface.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
It's not Native American in the ancient sense, or pre-colombian from Mexico, Central or South America.

It looks like basic hand hammered copper found in many parts in Mexico. My guess would be a tourist souvenir from someones vacation many years ago. Google Santa Clara del Cobre and you'll see one town that makes lots of plates, kettles, pans, pots, etc. out of copper.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it looks like a very nice heavy gauge too. Hand hammered anything is a cool dog bowl..and what the hell, why not?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions