Copper Silver Gold! Plus Army plate and misc

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice day! Was at park I've been to many times before. First found the little sterling pendant/charm. Later a 1944 Canadian cent. Then came the 14K, 14-gram ring.

Wondering if it's antique; the monogram looks kind of old-timey. I *think* it says DHM, but not sure. :icon_scratch: Any ideas?

Also found the Army plate, plus, very deep, what looks like some kind of old handle.

Thanks for looking!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Upvote 3
your handle thing is a large cotter key

Nice finds...Congratulations!!!! 14 grams is good all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It does look like DHM.............unusual design....

that ring is sweet. my guess is that is dates back to the 30's

Sweet big hunk of gold ! As a license plate collector I would love to dig a plate like that ! Great finds
Glen

14 grams of 14k, thats a nice chunk of gold! Congratulations!

Steve

Sweet big hunk of gold ! As a license plate collector I would love to dig a plate like that ! Great finds
Glen

Hey pl8man, any idea how old the plate is? I figured it's probably not all that old since it is rustless.

great GOLD ring!
notworthy.gif
the Army lic. plate "looks" old in style......it is really cool. you had a great day!

Hey pl8man, any idea how old the plate is? I figured it's probably not all that old since it is rustless.

I had some in my collection back in the 1990's but they were black with white numbers , very heavy and were from the late 1950's . My guess is the early 1970's , very cool !
Glen

very nice DHM ring.....what happened to the English halfpenny? Found like that??

1944 George VI Halfpenny
OK, as I only saw the half I'm used to..........Now reading your post again, its British Canadian. Same question, what happened to it?

What you're referring to is a common 1944 Canadian one-cent piece. If you mean why does it look the way it does, it's because I ran it through the rock tumbler for a while.

What you're referring to is a common 1944 Canadian one-cent piece. If you mean why does it look the way it does, it's because I ran it through the rock tumbler for a while.

OK, that explains it.

OK, that explains it.

Yeah, generally if it's a common copper coin -- even if it's pretty old -- I run them in the tumbler. Sometimes they come out looking great, sometimes their pitting/general toastiness is fully revealed. :)

Cotter pin, I love the gold!!!That is a very nice find. I have to make me a tumbler too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back