DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a few of you may know, I've been trying to trade my detector for another one, but that really isnt working so I came up with a new idea. Im getting financial aid money back from my college, and after I put some into my savings account and save some for next semester I will have enough to spend around $700 or $800 on a detector. I dont really want to try and save a little more for an E-Trac or a Vision because Im only 19 and I dont want to spend that kind of money. I was thinking about getting a Tesoro Cortes, but is that too old of a detector to buy at this point in time just in case they come out with a new one? Would buying like a used explorer II, or DFX, or MXT be a better decision? If anybody has some options for me that would be nice.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
order of importance:

. Coins/Jewelry

. Relics

. Beach

. Gold prospecting

. Pure clad

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I agree with all the above. But, read your other post. The F-75 is an awesome machine. If it's out of your price range then get the Vaquero, it too is an awesome machine. And if you buy the Vaq. you can save some of that money for college. That my friend is the most important part of your life right now.

Good Luck
Randy

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i had the money and wanted TID i guess i would go and try the teknetics omega 8000 with a 11" dd coil!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread