Couriers

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, I read through several of the recent posts where you guys were talking about seeing Brinks, Loomis, etc. trucks at your banks. After buying a few boxes from my bank, I've been told several times, even from tellers, that obtaining coin from the Coinstar and similar machines should be the way to go as most of the coin from the banks will be new coin from the Fed but the coin in the machines is varied because of what's deposited by people. Is there a way to acquire coin directly from these couriers? I ask as the banks I've dealt with state they don't keep a large amount of coin in their vaults (especially in bags). I'm thinking of calling Brinks tomorrow to see what my options are but any advice you guys can provide to increase my chances of finding old coin would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a bank who has coin counters, and ask them if they are able to sell the bags out of it... most wont, some will.

just dont take it back to that bank or even a different branch of the same bank.

Coinstar rejects silver, but ive never heard of anybody getting the coins from their machines either...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most of the coin from the banks will be new coin from the Fed

And this is junk- cause you get all various urs & conditioned coins from the couriers- yes once the new coins are released from the fed then you WILL get solid boxes of new coins but you just keep checking and you can get boxes that aren't all new

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, I read through several of the recent posts where you guys were talking about seeing Brinks, Loomis, etc. trucks at your banks. After buying a few boxes from my bank, I've been told several times, even from tellers, that obtaining coin from the Coinstar and similar machines should be the way to go as most of the coin from the banks will be new coin from the Fed but the coin in the machines is varied because of what's deposited by people. Is there a way to acquire coin directly from these couriers? I ask as the banks I've dealt with state they don't keep a large amount of coin in their vaults (especially in bags). I'm thinking of calling Brinks tomorrow to see what my options are but any advice you guys can provide to increase my chances of finding old coin would be appreciated.

:coffee2: As far as I know, the couriers will not sell to you directly, If you do call Brinks, let us know what they tell you. But remember this different parts of the country may have different rules. The banks may be able to order you boxes of coins but yu might have to open a account with them in order to avoid any fees.

HH
Gary

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks does have a retail service. You can have cash/coin delivered via armored truck to your location - for a fee.

You must be a retail business though or they won't have anything to do with you.

OP
OP
H

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I called Brink's yesterday and they confirmed they won't sell to regular consumers, and they didn't say anything about their retail service. I'm guessing maybe they don't draw attention to that unless you call up on behalf of a business. I did happen to catch a couple guys in another forum talking about buying boxes from Brink's and Loomis when I was searching Google before calling Brink's. Based on LooseChange's message above, I'm guessing they either work at a financial institution or are in charge of money for their business.

Anyway, I also called the only bank in my town I know to have a Coinstar machine and they stated they would not sell the coin from the machine as it is picked up directly by the courier. Closed option I guess.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread