Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Heres another Im responding to that may be a scam but of a little different type :dontknow: I dont have time for this BS.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/rvs/1894455922.html

hey that one look ok...ask them for a phone number and address...then see if you can get a map to a real home...then use this to see if the phone number matches address if it is a land line....

http://www.whitepages.com/search/ReversePhone?full_phone
I think its a scam, just a better one. Check out the website! :o

Maria Windle to me
show details 9:19 PM (14 hours ago)

The camper is in excellent condition, absolutely nothing wrong with it, everything works great, no leaks, tears and the floor is in excellent condition. The title is in the Liberty Consignment Stores possession as well and it is already signed by me and notarized so they will be responsible for the title transfer. Oh...and the title is clear. Like i said before i'll explain the Liberty Consignment Stores concept, their website is (www.libertyconsignmentstores.com). They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for craigslist users too. I left the item in their possession when i left and intended to sell it when i got back (if you ask why i'm selling it now when i'm not around), but the wedding costs too much and i need to sell it now to help my daughter get married. They will handle the shipping and the payment. If you want to purchase this, you must register on their website, they send you an invoice with the transaction details and payment instructions and you send the payment to one of their agents. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the item and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the item on my cost. So you can be sure the item is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on craigslist so you don't have to worry about that. The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "Selling on eBay and Craigslist" page. I would advise you to read the Selling on eBay and Craigslist page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.
Thank you
Maria
PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Reply |Maria Windle to me
show details 10:02 AM (1 hour ago)

They are not holding the large items or the items sold through craigslist at their stores because they have different selling policies. They are holding them at their closest warehouse and that`s where they will ship them from.That means that items sold on Craigslist are not available for pick up. If you look on their website on the "selling on ebay and Craigslist" you`ll see what i`m talking about. On ebay items are purchased at auction and the buyers are verified by ebay, so if an auction closes and there is a winner then that person is verified by ebay and will purchase the item for sure, but they don`t have a 10 day money back guarantee available for items sold through ebay. On craigslist it is impossible to verify the buyer, that`s why the different selling procedure, the payment (or the deposit) is requested before the item ships and they offer a 10 day inspection period. The payment is being held by a LCS agent until you receive the item and inspect it and if it`s exactly as described then they will release the payment to me, if not they will give you a refund. Let me know if you understand. Thanks
Maria
- Show quoted

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Google "Liberty Consignment Stores" It appears to be another well designed scam. I even did a search last night and there were fake happy customers responding to yahoo telling how they used Liberty in the past. This is a very new scam and these people are good..

Maybe Im paranoid but Im going to run a virus sweep right now just in case but I havent had any problems.. Im bailing out this is too big for me to fool with.

Attachments

• scam liberty consignment.jpg
    scam liberty consignment.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 217
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Too late to fool with them. They can no longer be reached at this address. Someone may have turned them in which is just fine with me. I am becoming aggravated with about 50% of the campers for sale on Craigslist are scams. If I have helped anyone else, the time I spent on this thread will be worthwhile..

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: <[email protected]> Account not available (state 14).

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This has gotten riduculous. They are flooding Craiglist with these scams. They seem to be popping up in every city in America. Heres another song and dance story to share.

Cherie Green to me
show details 1:41 PM (49 minutes ago)

Hello ,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2003 Aliner Expedition Sb.Because of my divorce settlement,i own this camper and as a woman i don't need it so i'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that's why i'm selling it so cheap and I have some financial problems and like you know in these times many peoples confront the financial crisis). This A-liner is in excellent working conditions, no scratches or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions, it has a clear title ready for transfer.From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price is $2800 including shipping and deli very to your home address. I've advertised my camper nation-wide , and I receive d a lot of emails from interested buyers. I almost closed the deal but the buyer couldn't get a loan from his bank. But there is a good part in all of this: he sent me 400$ to cover the shipping cost before he got the bad news from the bank, and now he said i should keep it: "this is my way to show my appreciation for your effort" he said.
So if you are interested please email me back in order to discuss shipping and payment details and also other things regarding my camper

To view a detailed spec sheet on 2003 Aliner Expedition and for more info. please Click Here or use this link :http://www.classifiedflyerads.com/ad/320589/

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I realize Im beating a dead horse but I told her I was interested but dont trust ePay to see what happens next and here is her response. I think its a collection of workers sending out already made up responses.

Cherie Green to me
show details 4:56 PM (46 minutes ago)

Ok ,The price for the camper is $2,800 shipping and handling included as I mentioned in my last email.
The Aliner is already at the shipping company in Sanford, ME sealed and ready for shipping.According to eBay regulations, you have 10 days from the time you receive the camper to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. Here is how it will work:

1.First of all, I will need the following details from you:

- Full Name

- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay

3. After they process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.

4.. eBay will contact me and I will ship the Aliner to you. After you receive it you will have 10 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to do with the camper. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. If you are interested please email me back for next step.

Regards,
Cherie R Green

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:38:24 -0400
Subject: Re: camper

(I told her again that I dont trust ePay and to see what he/she says next)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
his/her response.

Cherie Green to me
show details 5:41 PM (12 minutes ago)

Hello again ,
Would be my pleasure to be able to do this deal face to face , but as I tried to explain you in my e-mail , I'm too far from Sanford , I'm in Newago, IA. I trusted all the document's to the shipping co. When I say all I mean: Proof of trailer ownership , Proof of sales tax payment , Title.They will come together with the trailer. To be personally at the conclusion of this transaction is virtually impossible , that's why ebay and the shiping company will close the deal for me and I am sure everything goes perfectly, that is not the first sale in this way for me.
If you're really interested for my trailer, please tell me your full name and shipping address.I need these details to reserve on your name & address the trailer on ebay.They will contact you soon and they will explain many aspects.
Thank you ,
Cherie R Green

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
my reply

me to Cherie
show details 6:02 PM (1 minute ago)

The Craiglist ad for the trailer is in Miami. Did you forget?.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my Fathers truck last fall on craigs and went through the same BS. I bet I had 10 emails some from the same people saying dont sell the truck I want it. And a bunch of other crap. Luckily I sold the truck in two days and didnt have to deal with it. Got to be carefull out there. :o

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ive been cleaning up my computer all evening. After restore I think I finally got it working again. I dont know what happened.

Now whats this about the curser? Can you explain better?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
The English in those replies doesn't sound quite 'right'.

Doesn't sound like someone for whom English is their first language, that's for sure.

Ask them how the weather is in Nigeria. :D

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What do you guys/gals think about Liberty Consignment Shops? I notice no comments about this scam site. http://libertyconsignmentstores.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

They are using the eBay name. I thought eBay took that kinda stuff serious.

That logo looks like something out of the 19th century lol Other than that the site looks believable. Someone put a lot of work into it. Ads are going up in 3 English speaking countries, in every major city, in a big push to scam as many people out of their hard earned money in as short a time as possible. They should be shut down immediately.

Attachments

• liberty consignment scam.jpg
    liberty consignment scam.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This would worry me. Notice spelling of custommers.
http://libertyconsignmentstores.web...hopexpress.dlll/EN/column one/Contact Us.html

WE DO NOT OFFER TELEPHONE SUPPORT AT THIS TIME: Due to our large number of transactions and custommers using our service we can not offer telephone support at this time, we will do our best to improve our contact options in the near future. We just don't have the right number of operators to handle inquiries from eBay and Craigslist buyers

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100818164404AAUVdD7

I just saw this scam notice on Craigslist:

Looking for an RV I responded to a number of adds and I am finding what appears to be legit ads for MD RVs that give a backstory of why they are unavailable for 'xxx' months. They want you to use 'liberty consignment stores' at libertyconsignmentstores.com. this is a bogus nigerian website. They use at least 2 names: Edward Davids and Maria Windle. The scam works as thus: you send the money and they 'ship it to you' and if not satisfied after 10 days, you get a refund. Of course, when you send the money it is in Nigeria that evening. Flag these ads, contact craigslist and do not send money

Attachments

• scam liberty cons funny pic.jpg
    scam liberty cons funny pic.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 211
  • scam liberty cons funny pic.jpg
    scam liberty cons funny pic.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 213

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread