Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like I said earlier my computer was frozen. I got a warning from Windows that someone outside was retrieving data from my computer. I was able to get it fixed and the computer guy told me today it was caused by a hacker.

I dont if it was related to all the emails I was exchanging or from someone that hates me or just coincidence. :dontknow: Either way I dont like it. Im glad my computer is working again. Im still looking for a suitable camper for my work but 80% of the Craigslist RV/camper ads are fake. Buyer beware.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Does anyone know this address? 2692 sandy plains road marietta georgia

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigcypresshunter said:
Does anyone know this address? 2692 sandy plains road marietta georgia

It's a strip mall. Go to Google maps and then go to street view.

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking that one possibility that these scammers are targeting RV ads is because a lot of older, retired people buy RVs and the older folks might be a little less tech savvy, and therefore make easier targets.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Larry. Heres something I found online that seems to make sense.

You asked who you could report it to; the only one that has jurisdiction over this would be-the Nigerian Police Force(since it's a classic Nigerian scam), or, the FBI, which already has it's hands full.

More and more people are becoming "web savy" and learning about these scams. There are also warnings all over Craigslist about these types of scams.

The best thing you can do is flag it as spam, and move on. All of the first replies you get from you e-mail to them, are automated. They operate in internet cafe's, throughout Lagos, and other major Nigerian cities.
There is something in their culture that tells them that this is OK....to steal from the rich americans. Their Government knows about it, and looks the other way.
Also, Western Union is just as guilty as the scammers. Why, out of all the countries on the planet, are their Western Union offices in Nigeria??
IF W.U. was a caring/concerned company, they would abandon that country, since 99% of all transactions going into that country, are proceeds from scams.

Send a letter to Western Union, and tell them that you refuse to ever do any business with them again, until they pull out of that country completely.
Cut the head off the snake, and it dies.

To learn more about scams, and better educate yourself, go to this website, and prepare to read-a lot; http://thescambaiter.com/

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
She hasnt given up... another email received from Nigeria.

Cherie Green to me
show details 2:07 PM (1 hour ago)

As you noticed in my mail ( "I've advertised my trailer nation-wide" ), I listed the trailer on several states, because the shipping fee is already paid.The trailer was listed on eBay some time ago from where I had a buyer whose loan was not granted.I decided to keep this understanding with eBay because is safe for both of us.So let me know if you are still interested and provide me your full name and the shipping address. The agent from ebay will contact you with all the info. you'll need for this deal ( payment , shipping , delivery , all my info , tracking # ... all )
Thanks,
Cherie R Green

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Here's a funny story I'd like to share with ya'll. My brother was visiting from out of town (from a place that still doesn't have internet access). I told him about how the dating scene moved online and he could probably find a date that weekend while he was visiting. We looked on CL, and found a friendly enough ad. He responded with a photo (with my help). They (we) chated back and forth for a little bit and she then sent a photo. My brother's jaw hit the floor. The next email from her was, "I require $400 and hour to hang out as friends". My brother immediately said "DAMN!". Knowing he was probably disappointing by the scam he just found himself in, I tried to explain that 'it happens'. He said, "That's not it... I don't have $400 dollars".

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I received another e-mail from another RV scammer. It seems that every time I open an email from Nigeria, my computer slows down. Is this possible? I moved it to trash and now my computer is back to normal.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
I received another e-mail from another RV scammer. It seems that every time I open an email from Nigeria, my computer slows down. Is this possible? I moved it to trash and now my computer is back to normal.
I don't open anything unless i know who it's from. All spam goes directly to the spam folder and I delete it without opening it. If something slips by and I don't recognize it, too bad, it gets deleted too. I have several email accounts and I only receive spam on 1 of them. I haven't got any "real" scam spam for a long time.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I dont think these are considered spam. Im looking for a camper on craigslist. Most people dont leave a phone number so I need to send them an email, thru craigslist, to tell them Im interested. I dont know the reply is from Nigeria until I start reading it.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
texastee2007 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont think these are considered spam. Im looking for a camper on craigslist. Most people dont leave a phone number so I need to send them an email, thru craigslist, to tell them Im interested. I dont know the reply is from Nigeria until I start reading it.

they could have something attached to that email and now...it is attached to your computer!! tell her you want to talk to her...you need a number to stop wasting time. *67 will make your number invisible to other people when you dial them...dial *67 then the phone number. You don't want people to know where you live.
Most people do not leave a telephone number on Craigslist. (Same with eBay). The only way to communicate is through the Craigslist email system.

Heres an example http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/1915657260.html
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/1915657260.html This particular ad is most likely another Nigerian scam but a buyer wouldnt know until they try to make contact thru Craigslist.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Top Member Reactions