bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,
That was one of my favorite songs back in my single days, pretty much anyone who did a bit of partying can relate...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What are dreams but a subconscious extension of one's waking life?
Are there subliminal messages one should heed?
Perhaps one's dreams are a portend to future experiences?

Or, are the unpleasant dreams that one may have be a "release" of some sort, that equalizes the pressures one may face from day to day?

Without sleep, one experiences hallucinations. But, what if one experiences hallucinations while sleeping?

A young man, Me, in a foreign country, who speaks the language, yet is lost in a familiar town....
Again, me, lost in my hometown, and cannot find a friend to help me....

These are a few of the Nightmares that visit me while I sleep.

There are many others, that I won't relate, that involve death, pain and horror....
Perhaps you are familiar...
Being chased by a killer and you run but trip.....
You fire your weapon but it only clicks....
Or trying to call for help on a phone but cannot make the call....
Trying to save someone but you fail.....

In real life, my weapons don't just, "Click."
That's why I am fastidious about cleaning and oiling....

But, fortunately, you awaken before the worse comes about.

I do not awaken. I endure the worse before I awaken.
And, trust me, if you die in a dream, it's obvious that you don't die in real life.
You just have a bad day when you awaken.....

It has been documented in studies that most people don't remember ALL of their dreams; only the most pleasant and the most disturbing.

Tell me of the dreams that you remember from last night....

Scott

No horror,no haunting' s during last nights fitful sleep.
Once in a while a doozy fades with the cobwebs and shadows fade upon awakening. They are not dwelled on long. My goal just being to get to the other side and waking again. Those of being able to run ; or even those of walking linger . As well as those with animals encountered while being outdoors ,usually good times.
When I was on meds after surgeries ,and when trying a popular one to quit smoking though....whoa Nelly!
A dark swirling vortex ignoring logic or reality from which the only escape ( vs steering) was to slam ,or be slammed into consciousness again with such an adrenaline charge as to shake " awake".

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

For those with an interest in philosophy, psychology, etc....this short video by Dr Jordan Peterson is quite interesting.

He has an inate ability to take matters and topics that are very complicated and distill into short snippets of wisdom.
He has a doctorate in psychology, he's practiced clinically for 20 years, has taught at Harvard so quite the pedigree.

He has a load of other videos on youtube for those who would like to check it out.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

For those with an interest in philosophy, psychology, etc....this short video by Dr Jordan Peterson is quite interesting.

He has an inate ability to take matters and topics that are very complicated and distill into short snippets of wisdom.
He has a doctorate in psychology, he's practiced clinically for 20 years, has taught at Harvard so quite the pedigree.

He has a load of other videos on youtube for those who would like to check it out.

Bill I really liked the story board that went along with that.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John,

Dr Peterson is quite the personality and a Canuck to boot he's based out of Toronto and I'm currently reading his new book 12 Rules for Life.

Regards + HH

Bill

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife, Kate sat straight up in the bed last night. I said “ what’s wrong babe?” She said “I know” Know what?” I know about your girlfriend. I said but....... she asked what’s her name? I said Edith...... She got out of the bed, stood there for a moment and said “ look dude, no matter what you think....... you can’t have your Kate and Edith too! ( read it fast)

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEAH! I got a new (older) computer today! :hello2:

It runs on Windows 7 and I've got to jump through all of the hoops again and remember a half dozen or so passwords to access all of the different sites that I'm on....good thing I have a good memory!

The photo editing site that I've used for several years is no longer available. (Picasa). SHEESH!~

And I happened to take my camera to work today.....

I've downloaded a new imaging program and will try it out here in a few minutes.

I hope it is kind to an idiot like me.....

We'll see...

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.
Let's try this.....pics and all.

The first jack I was faced with was "throwing a wrench," meaning that there was a problem running.
So I accessed the read-out and it was a 336 error code.
A 336 code usually means a potentiometer.
So I open the control handle and program the display to show the voltage in forward and reverse.
Everything checked out. Hmmmm?
I asked Bryan what the problem might be.
He said that it was likely a micro switch was bad. There are 2; one for forward, and one for reverse. He said to change them both. He asked, "Have you ever changed out the micro switches?"
I said, "No."
He said, "Time to learn, Rookie!"
I smiled at him and said, "I got this, Brother!"

So, away I go!
View attachment 1543312 View attachment 1543314 View attachment 1543315 View attachment 1543316

Yep. Got 'er done!
Bryan acted surprised....
View attachment 1543317

He said, "Well, since you know about everything in the handle as far as controls,
there's another jack out there that needs the pot changed."
I said, "I'm on it!"

I hope the pics came out OK....

Best,

Scott

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joke of the day — A little boy was waiting on his mother to come out of a store. As he waited, he was approached by a man who asked, "Son, can you tell me where the post office is?"

The little boy replied, "Sure, just go straight down the street a couple of blocks and turn to your right."

The man thanked the boy kindly and said, "I'm the new preacher in town, and I'd like for you to come to church on Sunday. I'll show you how to get to Heaven."

The little boy replied with a chuckle, "Awww, come on; you don't even know the way to the post office!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread