CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanksgiving at "Good News At Noon."

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

Scott

Added:
https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/how-good-news-noon-puts-smiles-faces-thanksgiving/

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get a chance to go shooting Thursday, so I'll go tomorrow.

Landlord gave me permission to go shooting on his property AND loaned me 3 of his pistols to shoot in addition to my new Ruger! :headbang:

Sig 1911.jpg

Taurus .45.jpg

Colt .38.jpg

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joke of the day – On the last day of kindergarten, all the children brought presents for their teacher.

The florist's son handed the teacher a gift. She shook it, held it up, and said, "I bet it's some flowers!"
"That's right!" shouted the little boy.

Then the candy store owner's daughter handed the teacher a gift. She held it up, shook it, and said, "I bet I know what it is! It's a box of candy!"
"That's right!" shouted the little girl.

The next gift was from the liquor store owner's son. The teacher held it up and saw that it was leaking. She touched a drop with her finger and tasted it.

"Is it wine?" she asked.
"No," the boy answered. The teacher touched another drop to her tongue.
"Is it champagne?" she asked.
"No," the boy answered.
"What is it?" she said.
"A puppy!"

Earlier in the year, the same child related a story to his class.

He said,
"The other day I found a dead cat."
The Teacher asked, "How did you know it was dead?"
The boy answered, "Because I pissed in it's ear."
The teacher, aghast, said, "You did What?"
The little boy said, "Well, I went "psst' in it's ear and it didn't move."

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get a chance to go shooting Thursday, so I'll go tomorrow.

Landlord gave me permission to go shooting on his property AND loaned me 3 of his pistols to shoot in addition to my new Ruger! :headbang:

View attachment 1654829

View attachment 1654830

View attachment 1654831

Scott

Just talked to Tristan, the kid I work with, and he wants to go shooting with me.
I said, "OK."

He sounded excited, but I've never been shooting with him,
so I'll be on high alert for any mistakes that he might make concerning weapon safety.

Hopefully, all will go well and we will both have a great time!

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find yourself enjoying your cruise, Brother!

Been thinking of a cruise myself, but I don't like so damn much water all around me! LOL!

Best to you and yours,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the 1911 Scott!!!!!

My choice for a sidearm.
So much like the 1911 that I qualified with, but more modern....
Either that or a "Judge."
Went to Dawsonville Gun and Pawn today and looked at a "Judge" and a "Governor."

http://www.dawsonvillegun.com/

Think I'll get both.
And, I have NO wife to say, "You don't need another gun!"
I'd rather spend my money on another pistol or two than some designer shoes or purse! :laughing7:

When it comes to protection, are you gonna throw a shoe or swing a purse?

Scott

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My choice for a sidearm.
So much like the 1911 that I qualified with, but more modern....
Either that or a "Judge."
Went to Dawsonville Gun and Pawn today and looked at a "Judge" and a "Governor."

http://www.dawsonvillegun.com/

Think I'll get both.
And, I have NO wife to say, "You don't need another gun!"
I'd rather spend my money on another pistol or two than some designer shoes or purse! :laughing7:

When it comes to protection, are you gonna throw a shoe or swing a purse?

Scott

Well to be honest, I have so many I’ll have to ask the perp what caliber does he want shot with!!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find yourself enjoying your cruise, Brother!

Been thinking of a cruise myself, but I don't like so damn much water all around me! LOL!

Best to you and yours,

Scott

It’s quiet when surrounded by water. Thank you buddy. I’m gonna get wet!!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

Hope youre doing well....agree 100% if youre planning on going back to the land and being self sufficient best to be debt free.

That way very small overhead and you can sell your excess produce to buy things you cant produce.

I like the idea, however pay cash for the land!!! This guy is nuts on his financing ideas! I highly recommend mortgage free!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
diesel,

Hope youre doing well....agree 100% if youre planning on going back to the land and being self sufficient best to be debt free.

That way very small overhead and you can sell your excess produce to buy things you cant produce.

Thank you Bill, I am doing ok. I am so busy it’s crazy! But our new son is doing excellent! He is awesome!!

Debt free is the only way to go. Sure brings the stress down when things get bad.

Hope all is well with everyone as well!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tgt and Scott. Been thinking about what you guys said about vets.
I've been asking my Air Force brother about his service in Darmstadt in '64. And what he knew about my Vietnam vet brother since he died of cancer at the age of 42, and I never really got to know him. When he returned from the army he went back to driving a truck over the road. He was jumpy about sudden noise but he seemed to adjust pretty well. I remember one visit when we were racing AFX slot cars lol. He liked that tv show MASH. He always sent us photos. One day he was explaining a photo of a burning helicopter to me, how it ended up on the ground. I wish I could have talked more with him. He earned some medals. I remember pictures of him and his buddies-he had written "War Is Hell" on his helmut.
I think our family just has a trait of putting things behind and going on like many do. Not forgetting of course.
I wonder if these issues with vets didn't escalate with WW1. Maybe rising even in the Civil War era.
How do people deal with what they have seen in war.
And people who would cower and surrender in a heartbeat calling a vet a murderer.
I don't understand how we spend 134 BILLION dealing with illegal immigration, yet there is seemingly no program developed to absolutely make sure vets are given every chance to readjust from the minute they are discharged. Why not form "families" of vets in areas so they have support and encouragement from people who understand.
I've been meaning to write my senator and representative to explain why I will never vote for such a spineless party again. May as well ask them why the vets are being left behind.

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tgt and Scott. Been thinking about what you guys said about vets.
I've been asking my Air Force brother about his service in Darmstadt in '64. And what he knew about my Vietnam vet brother since he died of cancer at the age of 42, and I never really got to know him. When he returned from the army he went back to driving a truck over the road. He was jumpy about sudden noise but he seemed to adjust pretty well. I remember one visit when we were racing AFX slot cars lol. He liked that tv show MASH. He always sent us photos. One day he was explaining a photo of a burning helicopter to me, how it ended up on the ground. I wish I could have talked more with him. He earned some medals. I remember pictures of him and his buddies-he had written "War Is Hell" on his helmut.
I think our family just has a trait of putting things behind and going on like many do. Not forgetting of course.
I wonder if these issues with vets didn't escalate with WW1. Maybe rising even in the Civil War era.
How do people deal with what they have seen in war.
And people who would cower and surrender in a heartbeat calling a vet a murderer.
I don't understand how we spend 134 BILLION dealing with illegal immigration, yet there is seemingly no program developed to absolutely make sure vets are given every chance to readjust from the minute they are discharged. Why not form "families" of vets in areas so they have support and encouragement from people who understand.
I've been meaning to write my senator and representative to explain why I will never vote for such a spineless party again. May as well ask them why the vets are being left behind.

My Friend,

A lot of Veterans do not want to talk about their service. Because it brings back what they have been trying to suppress.
Sometimes, it is beneficial for them to talk about it, but only with someone who can help them.
Not just some random fool wanting to hear, "Did you kill anyone?"

Some are sworn, by virtue of the sensitive nature of their service, to not talk about their service. EVER.
I fall in the latter category.
However, I began active duty soon after the Viet Nam War and served with many whom had been there.
I got a first hand look at how it affected them.
I was a mere 18 years old and found myself offering my time and youthful advice to them at all hours of the night or day.
I listened to their nightmares, understood, through in innate ability of compassion and offered support and Friendship.
That is all that most really want: Understanding, Friendship and support.....
Their stories, related to me for understanding, soon became images of my nightmares....
How does one help another when they themself need help?
Sleep, for many years after was not a friend of mine.
And, sometimes to this day......

I have myself, after discharge, struggled with alcohol and drug abuse.
I have found myself homeless, hungry and eating from dumpsters, struggled through life day by day and have numerous times considered suicide.
And attempted more than once.....
I believed that there was nothing left in my life.
Then, one day, a friend was despondent and called me. To say, "Goodbye."
I rushed to him, just in time to see him with a gun to his head. Crying.
Yes, he was a Vet.
I begged of him to talk to me.
I asked him, "Why?"
He said, "Why not?"
As he pulled the trigger.......

Fast forward a quarter century to about 9 years ago.
I enrolled in College and although it took me twice as long to achieve a Degree,
I earned a Degree in Psychology.
Paying my own way with Academic Scholarships awarded by virtue of my grades.
When I graduated, I owed not one cent for my Degree.
Yes, it was hard work, but, to me, I thought of my Vet Brothers and what they had been through, and I knew that I could be strong for them.

I have met several times with my Congressman concerning Veterans issues.
I am a Mentor to 3 Veterans in Veteran's Court and I KNOW that I'm making a difference in their lives.
I NEVER want to hear of or witness another Vet suicide again.

As a Vet, one IS a part of a Family.
To me, that Family is closer and stronger than my own family.

I hope I have explained a little bit that you can understand.

Be Well, my Friend.

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted "Good News At Noon," and offered volunteer services of the Vets that I mentor and myself.

Time for us Vets to shine!

A personal meeting with the director is scheduled for later this week!

"Where Good Deeds Are Performed Daily."

"Bringing America's Vets closer to home[SUP]©[/SUP]"

Tell me, what will I find......

Scott​

"Shine"

Give me a word,
Give me a sign.
Show me where to look,
Tell me what will I find?
What will I find?

Lay me on the ground,
Or fly me in the sky.