CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I need a bib just reading!.:occasion14:

Tonight's fare, alleged hot dogs from microwave on whole grain buns with a few potato chip,coffee and a couple mini candy bars.
A landshark beer on reserve for later.
On the bright side , daughter on college break ran the boat with me today three hours. Lost a couple panfish but took turns zooming around mostly. Average runs 15 mph,highs avg 25 mph, one at 30, with 25 hp 2 stroke on 14 footer. We are gaining and learning. Still need to master bunk style trailer, but getting closer.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC.

Sounds like a great day on the lake, and nothing can compare to sharing them with the next generation......something I have found when loading the boat back on the trailer; don't over think it, let the water and boats momentum do the work, soon it will be like the boat loads itself.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL! I have seen some unreal actions on the boat ramp! Including some from my wife!!! It doesn't matter how many times we have loaded our boat onto the trailer, she is always nerved right up! I haven't put the boat into the water in a couple of years now, so I recently listed it for sale. It's to big for my Wrangler to tow and the old diesel is looking pretty sad these days. So it has just become to much hassle to keep around. Not to mention She has to go out in the middle of snow storms and brush the snow off the cover.

P.S. I sure love hearing that small block Chevy inboard come alive!! Nothing like the sound of a American V8!!!:headbang:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best u-tube videos that I've watched have been...." action at the boat ramp", and one of my favorite early morning things to do in Fla., is to get a cup of coffee, and head to the ramps at Holiday Isle, and watch the show. You will see things done with trucks and boats you would have thought impossible.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ramps can get entertaining. No witnesses years back when i added glide sticks to bunks of roller trailer.Boat shot off onto concrete real well. Later, stood it on transom end with lower unit wedged between concrete slabs under water. Entertaining indeed. Same boat 25 years gets routine but, one night a brake line blew at retrieval time. More entertainment. Going to keep it around till all bugs worked out on this other,then still, its a great puddle jumper.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is just an example of boat ramp antics! :laughing7:
[video=youtube;RMDKU7NFAu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RMDKU7NFAu8[/video]

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Dinner is left over pizza. If anybody wants the recipe call pizza hut. ;) Saw two vultures mating outside my office window today. I thought they were sent on a mandate from the government but it turns out it is just mating season. I breathed a big sigh of relief after that one.

Crispin

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The woman that I sent the email to about volunteering to repair medical equipment
called and wanted me to start right now!

I told her that I would be available once school starts this semester and that I'd like to meet with her first to discuss parameters, my schedule, etc.

I will further communicate a possible meeting time next week at her convenience via email.

A possible chance to put my skills and tools to a good purpose!

Hope all are well!

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 of the 10 voices in my head have been singing/humming this song all day.

You don't want to know what the 10th voice was humming....

Best,

Scott​

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The woman that I sent the email to about volunteering to repair medical equipment
called and wanted me to start right now!

I told her that I would be available once school starts this semester and that I'd like to meet with her first to discuss parameters, my schedule, etc.

I will further communicate a possible meeting time next week at her convenience via email.

A possible chance to put my skills and tools to a good purpose!

Hope all are well!

Best,

Scott​

Good luck, buddy!!!

OBTW, 256 pages??? Seriously?????
Can someone give me a little synopsis of what the OP was all about? lol
I feel like I'm missing something terribly important... and 256 pages is WAY too much to read and catch up on. :wink:

Bran <><

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Scott...Meet Winston..strange looking little guy!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375309229481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375309229481.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of hard to sum up, but I'll try: Many Aeons ago, in a galaxy far, far away I was discussing with JerseyBen the merits of forming a club named after Spartacus. Several days to weeks later Worldtalker posted that he was not worried about a government takeover. I thought this was a valid point and started a club of people not worried about that very thing. People started signing up, Worldtalker resigned, and the list grew bigger and bigger. It came to a point that we had to assign positions in order to keep track of all the important goings on. Bill became minister of music and was later joined by Au24K. Backbacon became chief chef and was later joined by GMD52. I attempted to relinquish the position of president to Spartacus several times but he didn't want to join the club. GIB headed up our zombie army and kept our enemies at bay. The more people who joined, the more enemies we developed. Polarization began to occur throughout the forum. DieselRam grabbed the 2000th post and instilled a temporary peace. Alas, it would not last and Crispin's Critters was temporarily shut down at my request. Several of us attempted relocation but I was fooled by Sauron the Deciever. After taking council with my mentor I called TreasureHunter on the phone and he welcomed us back with an unconditional positive regard. I then came under a merciless attack by Ms. Jackson. From then on out the mission of the thread changed. We took a vow of friendship and to support each other. Recipes were shared, good music was generated, and the club has prospered ever since. We have lost quite a few good members along the way but hopefully they will return to us. New members joined and developed strong roles (SecretCanyon, Fletch88, and others.)

Now, this thread is a bastion of hope and positivity for all those on treasurenet who wish to join. Many of us let newcomers know that politics and hatred are not welcome in this thread, TH is always keeping watch. Occasionally, a ruckus spills over into other threads and members get put on time out; however, by and large we are a peaceful lot. Okay, that's about it....any questions?

Crispin

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran!

Great to see you, fellow Wolf Pack Member!

This thread was originally, I'm guessing,
a "tongue-in-cheek" thread about politics.

It eventually evolved into something a bit different...

(originally posted by AU24K on 7-29-13 @6:39pm)

Dreadnox,

Welcome to Treasurenet.

I'm pleased to see that you've become a Charter Member so soon.

Most Folks just register, but, being a Charter Member is the best $20 a year for all of the great articles, Topics, questions and answers on any type of treasure Hunting you may enjoy!

That being said, Welcome to this thread.

I can't speak for everyone here who posts, but I know what you have said has merit;
However, I like this thread because it's a good way to get through it all by posting/listening/requesting particular music,
sharing recipes of the evening's meal, arguing sometimes amongst ourselves, offering encouragement and forgetting, if but for a fleeting moment, the weight of the world upon our shoulders.

As representative of The Wolf Pack I welcome you!

My Best Wishes,

Scott

Hope to see you here from time to time in the future!

PS.
Send me some Jimmy's Sushi!

Best to you and Hannah!

Scott​

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfectly said!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Scott...Meet Winston..strange looking little guy!

Barb,

Thank you for, number one not making me hound you for a picture, and number two, for the picture!

He look's like a "Daddy's Boy."

Send him to me!

What a beautiful animal.

A Friend for many years!

Thanks for the best moment of my day!

My Best,

Scott​

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you enjoyed his picture Scott..he is, 4 months old and my other kitty 4 years old loves him already..They are having such fun together, begins at 4am, so we are a bit sleep deprived at this point..lol!
I say who cares it's well worth it..:))

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of hard to sum up, but I'll try: Many Aeons ago, in a galaxy far, far away I was discussing with JerseyBen the merits of forming a club named after Spartacus. Several days to weeks later Worldtalker posted that he was not worried about a government takeover. I thought this was a valid point and started a club of people not worried about that very thing. People started signing up, Worldtalker resigned, and the list grew bigger and bigger. It came to a point that we had to assign positions in order to keep track of all the important goings on. Bill became minister of music and was later joined by Au24K. Backbacon became chief chef and was later joined by GMD52. I attempted to relinquish the position of president to Spartacus several times but he didn't want to join the club. GIB headed up our zombie army and kept our enemies at bay. The more people who joined, the more enemies we developed. Polarization began to occur throughout the forum. DieselRam grabbed the 2000th post and instilled a temporary peace. Alas, it would not last and Crispin's Critters was temporarily shut down at my request. Several of us attempted relocation but I was fooled by Sauron the Deciever. After taking council with my mentor I called TreasureHunter on the phone and he welcomed us back with an unconditional positive regard. I then came under a merciless attack by Ms. Jackson. From then on out the mission of the thread changed. We took a vow of friendship and to support each other. Recipes were shared, good music was generated, and the club has prospered ever since. We have lost quite a few good members along the way but hopefully they will return to us. New members joined and developed strong roles (SecretCanyon, Fletch88, and others.)

Now, this thread is a bastion of hope and positivity for all those on treasurenet who wish to join. Many of us let newcomers know that politics and hatred are not welcome in this thread, TH is always keeping watch. Occasionally, a ruckus spills over into other threads and members get put on time out; however, by and large we are a peaceful lot. Okay, that's about it....any questions?

Crispin

Point of order, Mr. President Crispin.
In regards to a suggestion.

Bookmark or copy and paste your summation to Microsoft Word for easy future retrieval.

That, Sir, could not be improved upon without a committee....

I yield the floor, Mr. President.

Best,

Scott​

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One more important thing I forgot: Eva leads up our band of merry mascots in their attempts to plunder all the Guinness in the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread