Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dram,
thanks, I'm just wussing out. I'm trying to keep what teeth I have. I had gum problems 15 yrs ago, since then, I get them cleaned every 3 months. I had to have a graft 15 yrs ago and evidently, I needed another one. I told the doc, "go right ahead, I kinda like my teeth and really would like to keep them". I figure I'll get my "perfect smile" (dentures) when I'm about 68 or 70! I'm sorry you're having to go thru dental stuffs, too.

TGF, I can't even watch that mess! But thanks just the same! LOL! I remember Corbin Bernson(was it) in the Dentists! When I had to have root canal and cap, the dentists starts explaining everything they are going to do to me.
I told her I didn't want to know NOTHING, GIVE ME MY NITROUS! NOW! LOL!
I do love RC's kitty pic! aaawwwww!

I'm off tonight, I gotta catch a pirate in the morning! :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang!
Missed my Friend, Patkat....

See what happens when you miss a couple of days.....

Pat, Please be careful with the pharms.
I know.
-------------------------------------------

I was going to mention that BC (Mike) had PM'd me and that I was pretty sure that he'd be OK.

Way to go, Mike!
Remember what I said about your own well-being and just who is in control; YOU!

I hope that you will continue to be one of "Crispin's Critters!"
--------------------------------------------------

My classes are done for this week and next week is Spring Break!

Perhaps a trip into the mountains for a few days?

I've a Power-Point presentation assignment for Geology and I can "write-off" such a trip as "academic endeavors..."

(from the syllabus)
Additional Information

Project:

10% of your grade for this course is invested in a project. The goal of the project is to allow you to investigate some aspect of Geology in greater depth and to get some experience making an oral presentation. The project is structured so as to give you the maximum amount of flexibility so that you can become engaged in doing something that really interests you. The scope of the project will be defined by what you can present in 10-15 minutes.
Geology in research - Pick a geology topic that is interesting to you and investigate it. Find a book and a research paper that involve your topic in some way, read the paper and the book and use your presentation to explain the topic and the paper to the class.
Proposal – April 1[SUP]st[/SUP] - Write down what you are going to do for your project. Include a list of the references you are planning to use.

Presentations Due – April 17[SUP]th[/SUP], 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 24[SUP]th[/SUP] - You must come to class prepared to present and turn in a hard copy of your presentation graphics (what you intend to show while you talk).

Extra Credit

There will be an extra credit opportunity. Three points can be added to final grade by presenting a picture that you took of a geological feature discussed in the class (e.g., Exfoliations joints, Xenolith, etc.). The location and the date that you took the picture should be written at the back of the photo.

I say that it works for me! :thumbsup:
------------------------------------

Oh, Squiggy,
It may not be a new "format," but just try to edit a post and see what mess that you encounter....:BangHead:

Hope All are Well!

As Always,
My Best Wishes,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as a trip into the mountains, I've many different obligations to consider....

But, I will guide each towards my academics.

I've already determined my presentation subject and it includes GOLD in North Georgia.

There are two different gold mines still operating in the Dahlonega area and I plan to interview and take pictures.

Crisson Gold Mine - Panning, Tours, Equipment & Supplies - Dahlonega, GA

consolidatedgoldmine

How would obtaining samples for each member of the class play out?

AND...

I still get to go camping, hiking and taking pictures!

Yeah,

I always try to think outside of the box....

Talk about a "Working Vacation...."

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen my old Friend Bill?

Hope my Friend is well....

For our Friends up North, I offer this bit of a trivia site...
50 Insane Facts About Canada (INFOGRAPHIC)
Gotta love your summers but, winters are beyond my comfort level.

Best,

Scott​

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know,
Tryin' to edit is TRYIN' MY PATIENCE!

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If no one else is having editing issues then only one word comes to mind:
"obfuscation"
Or my computer needs a kick to the front yard...

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my Friend, RC.

"Son of a Preacher Man" or "Brother of Snow White?"

I'm neither....

Best,

Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
golden_king_banner.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tssk,tssk, Scott your attitude is pokin out. Donut?Beer? Brost!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tssk,tssk, Scott your attitude is pokin out. Donut?Beer? Brost!

Funny you should post this particular tune...
I've been shot, stabbed and generally mistreated.
But I'm still here!

Gotta say something about my resiliency... or being too 'onery to die!

I'm as tough as a $2 steak and dare you to question who's drink is in my hand.
Yeah, I've been in many bar fights a long time ago, but never let a punch spoil my good looks.
The other guy, not so much....
(Just for the record, let's get the story straight, I've been charged but never convicted.)

(just "defending myself," don't ya know)

When the dust settles, you know who will be the Victor....

Gosh! Too many stories here...
Shooting pool, dodging shootings,
Where to start...

Best,

Scott

PS. Yeah, I've lived a pretty full life so far. Can't wait to see what the next 50 years brings!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
golden_king_banner.jpg

My misspent youth has been highly exaggerated. Leaning into an occasional left hook and winding up partly vegetated.Occasionally shut down by being sedated,just for repairs, some technologically out dated.But then So am I,with blackened eye still warm,your two buck steak would cool it, like I shoulda my coulda, know what I mean ,my brotda?:laughing7:

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 959731 My misspent youth has been highly exaggerated. Leaning into an occasional left hook and winding up partly vegetated.Occasionally shut down by being sedated,just for repairs, some technologically out dated.But then So am I,with blackened eye still warm,your two buck steak would cool it, like I shoulda my coulda, know what I mean ,my brotda?

Being of unusally small stature as a a child, and the victim of such, I studied martial arts in an attempt to protect myself.

One day, the biggest school bully chose me as a target of his aggression and to prove dominance.

That day, the bully went down.

I caused a broken nose requiring hospital treatment.

The "proposal" was that I was to be suspended.

But, due to witness accounts, I was determined to be justified.

What a sweet term, "Justified."

The bully's name I don't recall, but the results will be with my memories forever....

My Dad was so pleased, my Mom, not so much...

That day showed me that many options are available.

Who approves, who disagrees is always to be shown.

And Choices are to be made.

Turn the other cheek or bust open a cheek.

Such choices....

That was my youth.
Today, I'm an adult.

Wanna talk about this disagreement?

Sometimes it works, other times you have to kick some a$$.

Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was a whopping 66 lbs. in sixth grade and knocked the wind out of the biggest boy in the entire school for pulling a stunt on me during some recess football. I recall his name, Wonder if he does mine? Another big guy was quite a friend and a gentle giant mostly but did not make it long after high school.Nature took him down easily when half a dozen men could not.I have not had to swing in several years. No reason . Some things though could still get me riled its to be supposed.

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ed3.jpg

"Such fine stories of youth. Now, let's hear some of that music.
Here now, for your pleasure, is....
Who the heii is this?"

giorgio6.jpg
(Giorgio approves...)
"Don't worry 'bout it, Ma'am... Scott's Just a Damn Yankee..."

My Best Wishes,

Scott​

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies for "wandering in thought."

Hopefully, I will wander in my mountains to supplement my academic contributions to my class.

We all are a part of this world.
What is your contribution?

Best,

Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Contributed a child smarter than myself.
Bummer, my old woods running partner who has been patient is telling me he and I lag on life. Heres a tune for ya boy,knowing you would rather be on the bed tonight after all the gunshot sounds of sub zero contractions of the house last night. And that you really want to wander some ground like itchy feet Scott hiself. Just not so far anymore.
Dang dog years.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contributed a child smarter than myself. Bummer, my old woods running partner who has been patient is telling me he and I lag on life. Heres a tune for ya boy,knowing you would rather be on the bed tonight after all the gunshot sounds of sub zero contractions of the house last night. And that you really want to wander some ground like itchy feet Scott hiself. Just not so far anymore. Dang dog years.

Friend,
You are one up on me as I have no progeny for fear of them turning out like me.
I cannot imagine trying to teach them. Surely I'd fail.

There is a double edge concerning offspring.
Thankfully, it is a situation I do not have to consider.

The sad part is that I cannot pass knowledge on...

In my "living years...."

Best,

Scott

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, the answer to all of life's problems are...

OH! LOOK! A Puppy!

puppy.png

Who wants to be Daddy?

ME!

Best,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread