CTH3 OFFICIAL SITE FOR THE HUNT.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
in every normal part of the world, it's the Arkansaw, in Kansas it's the Arkansas. I think it's a vanity thing :laughing7: :laughing7:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Ark in saw" unless you are a yankee and then it is "Ar Kansas". Jeez, I'll bet you can't pronounce Pawhuska or Wynona or Tahlequah, even Sapulpa either! :wink: We have some really difficult Indian names for many of our towns thanks to Andrew Jackson who removed every Native American in the world to Oklahoma. Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering.....Is this the longest ever thread on Tnet or did that stupid acorn thing beat it? Monty

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have lived on the banks of the Arkansas River for 60 years! The only thing that ever comes down this river is sand and salt water and an occasional prison escapee! Never in my lifetime have I ever heard of any gold anywhere on the Arkansas River. But then my lifetime ain't over yet!. You got it sniff! Monty

I read somewhere that the Arkansas River was discovered before the Mississippi was, by the Spanish.

If there was any significant gold in that area I'm sure the Spanish would have found it.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish wanted the indians to give them the gold, and found there was none so they left. Alot of people don't beleive the Spanish were ever here.

A few people have found such trace amts in the river its not worth spending much time if your really wanting gold if your wanting to play around a litte then have fun but, bring your detector and fishing pole ...oh an a gun LOL!

Silversmith45

Greenie
May 16, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Tek 9000, Tek G2, Tek Delta, Garrett 2500, Tesoro Sidewinder, Fisher CZ-6, Fisher ID Edge ,Original Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that if you panned gold all day in the ArKansas river, you could possibly make about fifty cents a day. At the price of gold, that's not very much. But it is the same river that comes out of Colorado where the gold is.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
warsawdaddy said:
The internal extendengies predicating before the factor,clearly indicate that the human mind would recoil at the contemplation of such a staggering task!

Mr. Professor, I don't understand, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt....

... extendengies... ??? gotta look that one up, I think...

can I go back to bed now... ? You people talk too deep for me...

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Noodle said:
warsawdaddy said:
The internal extendengies predicating before the factor,clearly indicate that the human mind would recoil at the contemplation of such a staggering task!

Mr. Professor, I don't understand, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt....

... extendengies... ??? gotta look that one up, I think...

can I go back to bed now... ? You people talk too deep for me...

Extendengies can only be found in the WSD Dictionary....but I will try and translate....
.......Feeling hesitation in his guts just thinking about the difficulty of the job,His brain would tell him to stop before attempting the job

LOL ...Am I close

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
RJGMC said:
Been at work since 3:00 a.m., tried to send an email to BEF, not sure if it went through. I may have what they are looking for. (I think it was BEF looking for a ring).

thank you sir and your precious wife for the gift, I got it yesterday it has been place with other priceless items in my life. My dogtags :0)

Unfortunately I will not longer have a beach to hunt, water to fish in, swim in or surf. I spent today helping place barriers to maybe protect our bays and wetlands here as the oil from this man made disaster will be hitting my area this weekend and washing onshore.

If anyone plans a beach vacation you need to head to the east coast, east of Fort Walton if you want to come to the gulf coast for now or lower Texas like Corpus etc. Many beaches are now closed to fishing and swimming

It is very sad and heart wrenching to see the destruction this has done to our waterways here with dead wildlife along the shores. The beauty of the Gulf's emerald coast is a thing of the past for my lifetime most likely and maybe another generation too.

take care my friends till we meet again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread