CTX 3030 - Does anyone have a solution to the headphone problem?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN..appreciate you taking the time to show us the wiring. THANKS !

Fletch and R R....here is what you want, the GGA's wires are red and black you can connector in any order, b/r or r/b. The GGA's work the best on the Excalibur, Ok on the CTX, better then any UW head phones.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome...just send me a PM if you guys need any help...

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the connectors at 8:30 pm Tuesday on the 20th and they arrived today the 22nd . Pretty fast shipping.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to COSMIC!! He is my hero. A simple fix in about 5-10 mins with no soldering and not a penny spent!
I have looked at what all of you have proposed. Thanks to all, but you just cant beat what Cosmic provided.
I asked for a SIMPLE EASY solution and he (I think it's he?) provided it.
All you do is take the removable headphone module off the back. Remove two T-10 screws, remove the cover and pull the module
partially out. Get some new copper wire and wrap it around the black and the orange wire (NOT the red wire), so there is a connection between the two. if you are good at soldering you can solder it. I did mine on the small connectors. When I went back and looked again,
the wires were on the other end on the bigger side of the connections, so I guess it doesn't quite matter except that the small side is really small and it would be easier on the big side.
After putting it all back together, I turned on my machine. Walla!! No outside speaker! I plugged in both the Koss and the grey ghosts.
Both work excellent.
Thanks again Cosmic!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread