Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So spring looks as though it sprung???
Was able to get out yesterday, with Scrappy, from Tnet..
We had a not so bad day, for a really worked site, so much iron, signals are all scratchy, I dug alot more iron then good signals, but at this site you have to do that. If you wait for a dig me signal, will be waiting all day and not find anything. .
My first find was the Eagle I button, then some flat buttons, then came this really cool lead seal, never seen a back like it though, if any has please chime in. Then came this broken 4reale, thought it was a cut, but never seen one like it, that would of been my first, never found a cut before. I really searched in and around the hole for the other piece but no luck..
Anyway all in all it was a beautiful day out and its really good to be swing again. .
Happy hunting, and thats for looking. George

Upvote 7
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They certainly did. Either they'd cheat the weight, or more likely cheat the metal a little mixing it with something else.

Gotcha, Well i geuss its my thing, finding copys!!! Lol.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino we were just that good yesterday. Lol

You nailed it when you said we will each get one more copper. You were on fire yesterday - you got the cut silver over an area I searched AND then a copper. It was tricky tricky hunting to say the least, and a good lesson in hunting pounded ground with deep artifacts. I learned a lot and thank you Vino.

It was tuff hunting huh..
You really had to listen. .
Couldn't go by numbers..
You did great for a park hunter..
Lol.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picture a "strong man" competition in the same park... time of the coin.
Huge guy ripped the coin in half.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Bill, 4 reales unheard of!
Good to see you guys out

Thanks IH..
It was nice to finally get out..
Had to drive over a hour to soft ground..
George

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks IH..
It was nice to finally get out..
Had to drive over a hour to soft ground..
George
Man! If I could just do the same, an hour drive would be a treat! I think it would take a day and a half to get me to a place like that lol.
Great start to your year , continued success

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the piece of silver, and the coppers. It was a productive day out for sure.

Thanks Pepper. Yes good day,weather wise and hunt..
G

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey George! Your rough cut silver 4 reale is a really really special find. I think the odds of it being real are much higher then it being counterfeit. As Bill D. said they are pretty much unheard of on T-net. And you know that to me the rest of your finds would make me smile for six months. So fantastic day of hunting. You and Scrappy did a great job in a heavily hunted spot. I'm so happy your season has finally started as I am sure you are.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey George! Your rough cut silver 4 reale is a really really special find. I think the odds of it being real are much higher then it being counterfeit. As Bill D. said they are pretty much unheard of on T-net. And you know that to me the rest of your finds would make me smile for six months. So fantastic day of hunting. You and Scrappy did a great job in a heavily hunted spot. I'm so happy your season has finally started as I am sure you are.

Thanks Jay,
You know I've been climbing the walls waiting for this weather to change..
George

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha, Well i geuss its my thing, finding copys!!! Lol.

Maybe, but a but a big difference between a contemporary counterfeit and a modern fake.... and it is very true a piece of equipment could have chewed up a genuine coin and spit it out to look like that.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey since when did you post pics that weren't sideways? And I wouldn't want to piss of Scrappy, looks like he could snap your little italian a$$ like a twig lol. Glad you guys had a great day out buddy. That 4 R was likely hit by a mower or cut by a schizophrenic dude with a pair of tinsnips lol. That's a great variety of finds you guys had and a great warm up for the year. I'm excited about this season

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey since when did you post pics that weren't sideways? And I wouldn't want to piss of Scrappy, looks like he could snap your little italian a$$ like a twig lol. Glad you guys had a great day out buddy. That 4 R was likely hit by a mower or cut by a schizophrenic dude with a pair of tinsnips lol. That's a great variety of finds you guys had and a great warm up for the year. I'm excited about this season

That cut silver was deep. I mean deep!!! It would have to have been hit but the first lawn mover ever made;) When I held it, it seemed like real silver so I'm not sure it's a counter. But they're made to fool so....

And about snapping Vino. I may be big but he's quick. He's like a coin ninja out there!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since that dirt is 200 year old fill dirt ( possibly even dredged from the river ) it is hard to say exactly what happened to it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cut silver was deep. I mean deep!!! It would have to have been hit but the first lawn mover ever made;) When I held it, it seemed like real silver so I'm not sure it's a counter. But they're made to fool so....

And about snapping Vino. I may be big but he's quick. He's like a coin ninja out there!

Oh you can sneak up on that d silver haired fox lol. Yeah he said that baby was down there. I think it's real. I've just never seen silver break like that. Oh wait a minute yes I have
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426248454.717110.jpg
Not quite the same but this one was down in some packed in rocks beside a river and it snapped when I was trying to get it out....or it was already broken

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds Vino. Congrats on a really nice hunt. GL&HH.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you can sneak up on that d silver haired fox lol. Yeah he said that baby was down there. I think it's real. I've just never seen silver break like that. Oh wait a minute yes I have
View attachment 1130514
Not quite the same but this one was down in some packed in rocks beside a river and it snapped when I was trying to get it out....or it was already broken

Yo...Dont be posting pics on my thread...
Keep ur stinking 2reales to ur self..lol..JK..

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt! Silver and coppers make for a great day! HH!

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt! Silver and coppers make for a great day! HH!

Thanks Collector, Cant ask for more for the beginning of the season..
George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread