Dad Finds 14K @ Beach

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
A few years ago I got my dad hooked on detecting, he ended up getting an MXT, we have been out several times together, I seemed to always end up with some kind of Jewelry, be junk or good. He said a couple of times I would like to find some of that! Well as he got more efficient with the Machine he started picking up some Silver Jewelry. Couple of weeks ago Mom, Dad, Me and wife spent a few days @ Doran Beach (Bodega Bay, Ca.) Spent some time detecting, After he had dug one of his targets I noticed him heading my direction quit quickly He showed me a ring he found but he was a little disappointed because it was plated, I looked at it also and saw 14K-P, not thinking at the time of the Marks. After we all were back at our homes I remembered seeing a couple of post about the "P" on gold jewelry, after a little searching, I had to call him and tell him he Scored the real McCoy, That the "P" stood for Plumb Gold, Great find for him :thumbsup: All I ended up with was a Bunch of Clad & Kids Toys.
He finally got me some Pics I Could Post
p1010654zw7.jpg

p1010653dy0.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell Dad congrats on that find!! 8) I love my MXT! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
What a nice find for him, tell him I said a Big congrats on the gold. Also I's like to thank you for the P info on the 14k now I know not to toss it if I find some thing like that. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread