day 2 at the old orchard my first gold coin!!!

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder

Attachments

• 000_0651[1] (2).jpg
    000_0651[1] (2).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,270
Upvote 0

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Awesome find, wild! A shame about the nick, it makes it look like a tear drop. But who cares, it's still a great coin.

Any idea what used to be at that orchard years ago?

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, a lot of members finding gold here lately! nice going...

R

RUDY2003

GOLD AND SILVER POPING OUT OF THE GROUND, AND SOME PEOPLE THINK WE'RE NUTS!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool!! Imagine the History on that thing, who dropped it and when? How many people have stepped right over it? If you found this near an old foundation I would check that area in catch mode. Imagine if you find a whole Jar of them ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Wildcat great find. I have kinda given up all hope of finding a gold coin.I thought I might when I 1st started detecting, but now I just don"t think it will happen. Mike.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Hey, Great find!!! Iv'e been hunting since about 1985 and have not found a gold coin. I would say that you are blessed:)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Awesome find! I have yet to find a gold coin. I think that would make my career!

TreasureTales said:
Jeffro said:
Those $1 gold coins were lost like crazy, because they're so small. I bet alot of us have walked right over them.

That's what I think, too. We have all probably walked over one or two if we've done much detecting in old places. Sickening thought, ain't it? LOL

The lesson is again taught that we must dig everything. Yes, it's a pain to do so, but look at the potential results!! How many people have to prove the "dig everything" theory before everybody understands the importance of doing so? Dig it all!!! You can rely on your detectors, or you can dig it all - guess which method pays off better in the long run?

Most of us experienced detectorist know in therory we should dig everything but of coarse this is very site dependant. A city metropark that has a minimum pull tab density of 5 per square ft - nope. In my opinion the dig everything applies to sites that are not part of a public park and dates back to pre 1935.

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Wildcat,Been looking for a Gold coin for 35 yrs,I"v been right beside people 3 times when they found theres, Mines out there somewhere,I"ll find it someday.Awsome find too, no amount of money is worth selling it.

Hill City Rebel

Aug 21, 2006
Vicksburg MS
Detector(s) used
Shadow X5/Fisher 1266/Nautilus DMC-IIB/Tesoro Bandido/NOT ONE SE
That bit about the detector reading iron reminds me once again of why I but sound-only machines and run a bare amount of discrimination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions