Detected my Uncles Haunted house! Found WA Tax token, wheaties, and more!!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Detected my Uncle's Haunted house! Found WA Tax token, wheaties, and more!!

Hey guys! Well today was a great day! I went to my uncleʼs house that is haunted! :) It is said to have ghosts sighting since my uncle bought the place. My uncle says the house was built sometime in the early 1900's. Uncle said there should be many old targets in his yard. Well he was right! I arrived there around 12:20 pm and started hunting! Targets were popping up all over the place! Many of them were clad! However, once I got into the older section of the yard they just started popping up like crazy! From what I remember correctly, my second or third hit was a toy car, then a silver plated spoon, a 1965 Canadian penny. The 5th target I found was a 1942 wheat penny: thumbsup: Actually could read the date this time! :)

After digging numerous junk targets, I decided to move to the left side of the yard. I dug more clad and other items as I went in search for the old stuff. Then on my 5th or 6th target was really hard to get! I went over a spot where it said there was a silver quarter. Well it was down deep whatever it was. This target was also playing with me and not wanting me to find it. Well I kept at it! Persistence is the key! I ended up with a old lip gloss holder! :). Therefore, this is an awesome find to say the least! :) I noticed it was a make up holder (once I had gotten home and cleaned it up). I continued to hunt the lawn and ended up with a couple of more cars and coins. Most of the coins on the left lawn were from the 1970's and up. Therefore, I am assuming that the residents of the home would always hang out in the right side of the yard.

After being done with the left side of the yard...I decided to go to the back. I only dug 2 quarters and a toy car. It was about 4:45 pm when I dug my last target. You could not believe what I got! I was talking about finding one of these to my grandma and Bscofield6 and JuJu (Nate). Well I got one! It was a Washington state tax token! Was I stoked, an item I had on my wish list! :)

Anyways today was a successful day indeed! I hope to go back there with my pro coil and get the deeper items! :) Todayʼs items in the yard were deep themselves! There were still many targets in the right side of the yard that I needed to dig but were too deep. :thumbsup:

IMG_0381.jpg

Front side of Washington state tax token

IMG_0382.jpg

Back side of Washington State tax token

IMG_0384.jpg

1942 wheat penny

IMG_0386.jpg

Front of make up holder

IMG_0392.jpg

Inside of Make up holder

IMG_0388.jpg

Total finds for the day

Hope everyone got out and hunted on this sunny day! Total time spent so far at uncles house is 3 to 4 hours! :)

Upvote 0

jmann2424

Jun 17, 2008
Virginia
Re: Detected my Uncle's Haunted house! Found WA Tax token, wheaties, and more!!

Looks like a good day od mdetecting to me like the pic on makeup holder

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Detected my Uncle's Haunted house! Found WA Tax token, wheaties, and more!!

nice job on the token and wheatie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread